Christ

Discussion in 'General' started by Shouse1018, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Just wanted to wish everyone A Merry Christmas!

Let's all remember and give thanks to God for giving His Son to Die for all our sins.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No man shall enter the kingdom of heaven

but through him. Praise God and give thanks unto the Lord.

Thank you Jesus for you have really blessed us all, hallelujiah, Amen.

2. Lol.

Oh, Im sorry. That was rude.

3. Yep, that's the real reason for christmas. The birth of a savior.

Amen and +rep to you.

4. do your thing man, I'm not gonna get into the whole religious debate.

have a happy holidays everyone

5. Something deep for a holiday? Most people that describe Christmas that it is all about gifts, toys, games, dolls and gums-gums. However, the quintessential establishment of Christmas is based around Christ. Whether or not that is a good thing, a realistic thing or something everyone supports os beside the real point. The initial establishment is all that matters, and then we can modify them on a singular and personal level each holiday season.

Have a superlative 25th of December.

6. Indeed, not gonna get into the whole religious thing.

Happy Holidays, regardless.

7. Christmas is a both a Christian holiday, and a secular commercial holiday...however you choose to celebrate the Holidays be it Kwansa (sp?), Hannukah, what have you...the important thing is that you are with the ppl you care about? idk, or something...

Anyways I gotta go to Christmas Eve service soon...so yeah. It's not too bad I guess.

8. It's a consumerist driven holiday.

9. [​IMG]
    My celebration.

:hello:eric:hello:

10. ah yes, time to gather around the pole and have the traditional "airing of the greviences"

11. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Smoke lots and lots and lots of the herb tomorrow, and enjoy yourself! :)

12. .......................................well the first line was good.......

merry christmas...im drunk bitches!

13. I found this on a right wing politics forum I argue on:

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\tA Politically Correct Christmas Wish \t\t\t
    \t\t\t <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> \t\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t
    For Our Democrat Friends & Family:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. (Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.)

By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

For Our Republican Friends & Family:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

14. Too bad you can't prove that any of this is true....this thread also proves how most people will under no circumstances challenge someone based on their religion, because 'it's not OK to do so." That is a disgrace, and I'm sad that people avoid the issue. Sure, you may be getting 'controversial' but thats why we have a damn brain. It's also pathetic that it takes a holiday such as this for people to 'get in the good mood' and suddenly become kind and all....we could just act like that all the damn time, but fuck, who needs that.

Religion needs to end. Would you celebrate a holiday if the flying spaghetti monster 'sacrificed his son' for you? Hrrm, no, because well, we just shouldn't be that damn ignorant.

/rant

15. Too bad you can't prove that it's not true.
    And I do agree that religion should be questioned, but give it a rest for one day.

It is sad that it takes people a certain holiday to get in a giving and cheerful mood.
    But would you rather people never be in a cheerful mood?
    Because I can guarantee you if there were no holidays then this cheerful, although artificial, mood would be far less common.

And I (with a nontraditional religious view) find it very insulting that you would compare someone's religion to a "flying spaghetti monster".
    What proof do you have?
    What research have you done?
    Believe what you want, but don't push it on others and claim all knowing intelligence.

16. Maybe it's because cool people have respect for other people and their beliefs.

17. Amen.(although i must say that i dont like being told i'm not going to heaven if i dont accept jesus as my savior :eek: ).

Anyway, i dont really celebrate christmas in a religious way, but its great that you do shouse, cause no matter what you believe, beliefs are important, even if they have nothing to do with god. To me christmas is more about the spirit of it and the idea than the organized religion part of it. I think its the giving and generous part that i try to live up to (today, and throughout my life. I'm not a christian by any means, but i live my daily life by many, but not solely, of jesus's teachings).

To all fellow blades, I hope you have a great christmas. Or if you dont celebrate it, have a happy festavus, happy chanukah, happy kwanza, and to you athiests, have a nice day:p .

18. AMEN and i would + rep you but i need to spread more rep around b4 i plus rep u agen

HAVE SOME RESPECT

-----------------------

merrrryyy christmass !!! :D

have a good one

19. As Matt Good once said in the song The Future is X-Rated, "Christmas is for shopping and the shopping god is everything"...

However... There are those who still view Christmas how it should be viewed. Not as a holiday to spend as much money as they possibly can in order to satisfy other people's greed. Material possessions make people happy for a time, but in the long run money can't buy happiness. It can buy a lot of things, but not everything. So in light of that oh so startling revelation.

Merry Christmas and God bless. Praise be to he who is most high for giving us the most important gift of all. A way back to him. :)

A good ol' debate, how cool.

It is also bad that you can't prove any of it to be false. The funny fact is, the more science probes and attempts to disprove God the closer they come to proving his existence. Of course when they stumble upon such an inconvenient road block they simply invent a new theory, that I might add makes little sense, to further justify that there is no God and then damn... They come upon another "road block" that points towards his existence. The fact is, if the Universe started via the Big Bang (doubtful in my opinion) then there had to be a God. Nothing can't create everything. And if there was no Big Bang and the Universe is static and has always been, then that is also evidence of God. Because what does he tell us? He says that he has always been, without a beginning, he simply was and is and is yet to be... :) So then you ask yourself what is God but the Universe? He is creation plain and simple. And then you ask yourself, "what is time?"... Well, having answered the previous question I would imagine the nature of time unfolds and you understand that we are simply beings whose perception is limited, the truth being that time is nothing but a moment that has existed, that will exist and that does exist. And all of infinity is tied up into one tiny little second (or whatever you wish to call it) and that points to a God as well.

But yes I do agree. People should not wait for Christmas to be as nice as they are. It is a 24/7 command, not a once a year occasion.

20. Happy Xmas everyone

and on the subject of religion, i believe it fills in the gaps of science. everytime scientists find out something new christians etc will shape their beliefs around this (or completely ignore it)..

for example earth used to be the only planet in the universe and at the centre and was created by god.. now we know its just one of the many many many many many planets in the universe and is not at all in the centre, and that all the planets and everything are moving away from each other at an accelerating pace.. and we know that earth was created from matter spread out by an exploding star (our sun) which has actually done this several times, imploding and exploding.

Now observations are pointing towards a big bang. everything from nothing in an instance, surely god must have done this?

the fact is, there is no evidence to support there being a god. on the same token there is no evidence to support there is no god. but then again there is evidence supporting most of the things we find out through science.. why do u lot not just believe in science and leave it at that?

i think i might go worship a marshmellow as a god, since you can't disprove it it must be god.

edit: and before anyone frowns upon me for being disrespectful for voicing my opinion on the 25th of december; frankly i dont care. ill say what i want, and if some religious person cant take that then oh well; its not like i dont have to listen to their point of view.