chris christie moving towards legalizations?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mikeycas, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Chris Christie is the new governor of NJ if anyones wondering. Ive seen his interviews and everything but he still seems to be against even medical marijuana. anyone believe he will change his ideas and move towards legalization? i sure as hell am praying at night for him to

2. Praying doesnt do a thing! Only action!

3. Well keep praying and let us know how that goes....seriously, lol, like PitchBlack said, you have to take action if you want anything to get done.:smoking:

4. I have already posted something very similar. I think with a lot of action in NJ we can convince him to at least help with medical, but I wouldn't count on full legalization until he is out, unless its legal from a national perspective which i doubt.

5. oh really did you? good cause noones responding to this an i would like to read about what this assholes doing in office now

6. Listening to the radio today, it was on the news that NJ is now 8-10 Billion dollars in debt. The state really only has 3 options.
    1. Cut government spending.
    2. Raise taxes again.
    3. Find a new revenue source.

I think #1 will be his first choice. How effective that is, only time will tell. He really can't raise or lower taxes, but he has some control over the mandatory contributions that the municipalities have to contribuite to the state budget. #3 is where taxing cannabis comes in. Of course there are other (new) things he could tax like services (haircuts, plumbers, wedding bands/djs).

However, going with options 2 or 3 is also going to drive more people and bussinesses out of the state. NJ can't afford that. In fact, NJ needs to find way to attract new bussiness into the state. If there is good bussiness growth in NJ, people will move back here.

Legalizing and taxing cannabis, would both create new bussiness opportunities, provide jobs and motivate people to live here. The question is can a former federal prosecuter get past all his brainwashing on the "evils of weed" to actually make a decision that would be good for NJ?

7. The man is a hard ass ex-DA. He will do whatever he can to keep it illegal. This is why I voted Corzine.

8. I also think that it's really lame that RIGHT NOW there is a pending Medical Marijuana bill in NJ and we have a lame duck session to push this bill through. None of the major reform orginizations are doing jack shit in NJ. Norml, MPP, Safeaccessnow.com all have turned their back on NJ. The Norml-NJ chapter is a fucking joke.