Chopping plants down a few nodes?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by black2grey, Nov 10, 2018.

1. I have a plant in veg and wondering if I cut her back would she build a better root system and stronger branches? 1541822185391.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Go google the term "mainlining cannabis" mate. If you don't mind the extra veg time then that might be what your after.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes she will.

4. Thanks bro. Weird I can't find any guides on the topic. Is there a name for it? Or just follow my heart

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mainlining or manifolding. I’m doing it to 4 plants in veg this run. It’s slow compared to my normal top once and train but the idea is all even sized colas with zero larf

First topping, 2 tops

[​IMG]

Second topping, 4 tops

[​IMG]

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Basically it's just topping to me. Selective pruning as it were.

It can be as simple as whacking off the top or more directed to further training to increase yields in the same space like the excellent example @Soil2Coco posted above.

FIMvsTOP.jpg

I found a great spot to download FREE POT BOOKS. I downloaded a grow bible first and got lots more. Books look great and complete like the real ones I have here. No web site but just a page of links. Just right click on what you want and then "Save Link As" to download so they don't open first as some are 50+ megs. They got lots. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
  7. That makes sense. She's just growing crazy. IMG_20181111_090209255_HDR.jpg IMG_20181111_090200058.jpg IMG_20181111_090152902.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is that a metal helide or halogen bulb?

9. #9 Patricia Clemons, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    I topped all 6 yesterday and accidentally cut down the “new branch sprout location” My first grow i could have maybe waited a bit longer..

So my nodes are intact but the new branch fuzz has been decimated. I hope this will b okayy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome find! Thank you for posting this bro!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app