Choppers Are Out!! Beware!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Something Vague, Aug 22, 2007.

1. I live in the state of Maine in Hancock County and I just got busted with 47 plants this afternoon when I got home from work. Luckily in this state if you have between 6 and 100 plants it is still only a misdemenor with about an $800 fine. I think that's what I'm looking at. But if you live in this area then be on the look out for hovering helicopters!!

So the way I look at it is that the god damn authourites would rather me go underground to some weed dealer that is selling some imported commercial grade weed and god knows what else he's selling, than be self sufficient and not support the importation of spunk marijuana. The state of Maine by a percentage has the biggest opiate (heroin, oxy contin, etc) problem in the country, yet our task force is putting the money up to fly a helicopter around with a task force following it instead of putting the money towards busting heroin and oxy contin dealers! What a FUCKED UP system. So the $800 fine they gave me is going to make their task force look good?? The rental for the chopper had to be more than that, cause I know damn sure my county police can't afford one of their own!!! What a bunch of county police that are DEA wanna be mother fuc%^&'s!!! I guess I'll have to spend my time toward marijuana activism, and not so much on cultivation!

THIS COUNTRY IS A JOKE!! FREE MY ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I hear ya man im from MI and i have been seeing choppers all over the place luckily i only have one little plant so hopefully they dont see it or if so dont even bother with her! Lets just pray.

3. Yep they are hovering around today in my part of Maine.10 people were busted yesterday in Oxford county..Last Sundays Telegram had a big article in it about the copters out looking for grows! They were out in my town all afternoon going around swamp areas and a few Islands..

4. When I read this post I got paranoid. I'm only growing 3 girlies but when I read about getting caught I really start worrying. Probalby because this is my first outdoor grow I'm more worried than I should be cus I don't have that experience as a comfort.

Their hidden in my vegetable garden though, plus its 3 so I'm not running some operation, its just for me...

Sorry though Something Vague, thats alot of work gone and now you have to pay extra for it. I agree with your points too. Freedom, Yah Right!

5. As a Maine grower I need to remind myself at this time of year..... Keep your head down and stay low-key & under the radar for the next 6 or 7 weeks!!:cool: With harvest starting soon they will be watching for for people in the woods!

Kisses -
    Hott

6. yeah, your pretty fuct with any grouping of MJ too, shows up on thermals soooo easily, the trichomes retain heat and show up nice and bright..

7. How did they determine they where your plants? Where they on your property? I'm assuming they arrested and booked you? Do you mind telling some details? How much bail?

8. Well don't believe all the hype about coppers. A few years back me and a buddy were on are way to our spot when out of nowhere a copper was like right there, maybe 200 to 500 hundred feet above us. We were shocked, so for about 2 minutes that seem like forever we just stood there looking right back at the copper. I got the bright idea to go on all fores and run like an animal thro the bush until we found a spot to hide. So we did it, we probley looked retarded sprinting though the bush on are hands and feet. But then 2 to 3 mins into it we found like a mini cave and dived into it and laid there like wild animals. We would look up to see if the copper was gone but it was still there it followed us from the spot we first saw it to the mini cave - me and my friend were hibernating in. So we stayed there for a couple mins, then after another 2 mins the copper just left. So I think they were using the FLIR system, tracking thermal images but because we went on all fores the people behind the plane were confused and eventually left. Meanwhile, 100 feet away from where the copper first spot us was are crop 60 hugh plantas, which they never found.

So moral of the story, if you see a copper in the bush remember to get on your hands and feet and act like an animal......worked for us.....im still free.

9. No country is free if a country was free we wouldnt have to pay for a dam thing and there wouldn't be any rules at all.

10. quoted for stupidity

11. Don't have much time to explain right now because I gotta run.

NO, they didn't cuff and stuff me. Just got a summons and the cop stated to me that I was only looking at a fine. He could have arrested me if I wasn't cooperative and made him go through hell to prove they were mine. But they were on my property and some were within seeing distance of my house so there was no need to deny it and prolong the inevitable!

And when I have time I will respond to the ignorant comment by gord420. An odvious statement that some kindergarden teacher would say to me when I was 6!

Thanks for the concern. Peace and Pot!

12. LOOOLLLL dude that would be fucking halarious to see.
    And for the kid who said about the free country thing, uh wtf, freedom doesn't mean stuff is free but that you are free and are able to have freedom of speech and shit like that.

13. haha, your killing me..

14. So this was nighttime i'm taking it? FLIR doesn't work in daylight ;)

15. Hope all goes well -- we're pulling for you.

PA Grower.

16. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1808526" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>ninfan77</TD><TD class=alt2>So this was nighttime i'm taking it? FLIR doesn't work in daylight ;)

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Green First [​IMG]
    Well don't believe all the hype about coppers. A few years back me and a buddy were on are way to our spot when out of nowhere a copper was like right there, maybe 200 to 500 hundred feet above us. We were shocked, so for about 2 minutes that seem like forever we just stood there looking right back at the copper. I got the bright idea to go on all fores and run like an animal thro the bush until we found a spot to hide. So we did it, we probley looked retarded sprinting though the bush on are hands and feet. But then 2 to 3 mins into it we found like a mini cave and dived into it and laid there like wild animals. We would look up to see if the copper was gone but it was still there it followed us from the spot we first saw it to the mini cave - me and my friend were hibernating in. So we stayed there for a couple mins, then after another 2 mins the copper just left. So I think they were using the FLIR system, tracking thermal images but because we went on all fores the people behind the plane were confused and eventually left. Meanwhile, 100 feet away from where the copper first spot us was are crop 60 hugh plantas, which they never found.

So moral of the story, if you see a copper in the bush remember to get on your hands and feet and act like an animal......worked for us.....im still free.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Whats that.....they can't do what: Check the link.:wave:

http://www.flir.com/imaging//Airborne/index.aspx

17. they usually perform searches in the daylight using eyesight, unless its indoor, haven't seen cops before? For some reason i saw a camoflouge helicopter fly directly over my house (not worried the no plants on the property)low but fast and my partner told me that they were hovering over my plants for a bit. Its likely because they are in an open field, but when i checked on them they were still there and unharmed. But what puzzles me is why it was an apache( at least i think it was) flying around looking for weed as opposed to the average police helicopter?

18. Probably because it wasnt flying around looking for weed, it was flying to somewhere it needed to go. If it was looking for plants it would have flown low and circled around aimlessly. The police and the DEA do not have camoflouged Apaches, that would be a ridiculous waste of money to buy Apache helicoptors to look for weed.

19. Damn, I'm on the other side of the canadian border from Maine, they got helicopters around here this time of year, too.

BTW, when do you guys normally harvest your outdoor crops? The climate and time zone are almost identical here as maine, except we get a lot of fog on the coast.