choping it early

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RobertHope, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ok so i find my self with no job no weed and a plant thats been flowering for over 3 months a bag seed from some mid (sorry no pic) this sob still doesnt look done the top cola looks almost there but the lower buds still have like 40percent white hairs. a look at the trich show a few starying to amber and some cludy and some clear. after 3months can i finaly chop her down?

2. Perhaps its a sativa strain...they take much longer than typical indica or hybrid strains.

I would wait for the lower buds to finish.

3. you could just chop the top buds that are done, gving more light to the bottom ones to help them finish faster.

4. wont shopin the top cola stunt it? and some one said sativas take along time its been well over 3months how much longer can it go?

5. they can go a long time, im not sure. I would think that it should be almost done. also get a micro scope and look at the trichs with it and see if they are cloudy and amber, if they are chop it. as for choppin the cola, it wont stunt growth much if the cola is done and the rest are almost, because you cutting the others shortly after cutting the cola...hope that made some sense, i just blazed a bowl in the vape.

6. i think i will chop the top cola in a week and let the rest of it go till dec. i just dont want to chop the top cola wich is almost half the plant and have my lower buds get stunted for a month! and make the whole thing a even bigger wait.

7. Chopping the top cols should actually increase the growth of the lower buds. Right now it is directing a lot of energy to the top cola. Once that is removed it can focus on fattening the lower buds. Also, more light will get to the lower buds and this will help them grow.

This is not an uncommon technique. Lots of people chop the top off of there plants and then flower them for a few more weeks to fatten up the bottom buds.

Good luck.

8. ty madreef now i wont feel bad at all when that huge cola comes down. i guess the cfls just dont get alot of light to the lower buds

9. he is right it won't hurt it to chop just the top cola, like he said it might even finish out quicker get more light to the bottom buds,it won,t really stunt it, ihave done this my self with no visible stress,the lower buds will get bigger too so that means more to harvest, let it go like 3 more weeks then harvest the rest.

10. sweet 2 ppl with this the same veiw. that sob is comin down! i need this smoke bad 2 hope it gets to cure.

11. i choped top cola just now! id say 90percent of the haris r orange some r really dark orange though. i guess that means its done. the pocket socpe i got lense just cracked! but i guess if all hairs r orange its got to be done right?