Chop yet?? Or nah??

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Groundskeepwillie, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Please help.. this is first time I've ever made it this far.. she is an auto grapefruits. About day 90.. I've been through tons of ups and downs and dont wanna mess it up now!! She smells fantastic too!! I'm thinking about flush for 3 days and chop main and wait a week and chop rest?!?!? But still thinking maybe wait it out more.. I'm running 5 gal rdwc .. this and baby in other bucket!! Qb lights too.. please help. Please save me from myself !!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I can't answer your question, but wow. Amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMO the buds you showed us looks like they have at least a week left.. Or like 2... Too many white pistils on them

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Do you have a jeweler's loop or anything that can get you down to about 60x? If so, snip a piece of bud material, actual flower not sugar leaf and check your trichomes. That's a guaranteed correct answer every time my friend. If you don't have one, you need one. I mean, if you want to be "sure" about when. Good luck bro, but in my opinion, you still have a little bit left. Nice job by the way also. She's a tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 ZeusMan, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Very nicely done. Personally, if I was smoking it, I'd let it go longer. Commercial op --> chop.

Also Im new to autos but from what I am seeing with them, larger plants (and your qualify) take longer to ripen. I currently have WW that is on day 92 and I have only chopped one branch so far. It was a beautiful 1 Oz nug but the others parts of the plant still have 2+ weeks (much less even plant than yours) which will take them well past day 90. All in all I'd say ditch the timeline. Bigger autos seem to grow just as long as photos (2+ month of flowering) from what I have seen.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks everyone.. a bud just fell off I trimed and gonna dry it and use as test!! It was super sticky and just yummies!! I'mma Iet everything else just fill out and take it's course.. another week or TWO !!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lol, I've had a few buds "fall off"...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I just ordered one from AliExpress.. so gonna be awhile.. I thought I was good with digital endoscope or my awesome camera on phone.. but, as you said, I need the zoom of a real microscope.. thanks

9. I luckily had an old microscope from when I was a kid. Only way to truly know when the window is. Are pretty inexpensive and invaluable for growing. They still look like they have a few weeks left.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Can you tell from this???

Attached Files:

11. bd2.jpg

Attached Files:

12. I generally aim for 95-99% brown pistils - my last 3 plants now - which is when I noticed the harvest window opens... So IMO you're still at least 1.5 weeks out... Maybe a week minimum.

• Like Like x 1