Chop or leave a bit longer

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by goldenbrown, Oct 27, 2017.

1. 1ECFF12E-5369-4C24-B7CF-D5C4F53C9CEB.JPG 1FB6ECBF-30FF-43A8-ABEB-10125366B0E9.JPG 804A9DCA-EBD5-4E21-8F9E-71F1B040D3DD.JPG 1ECFF12E-5369-4C24-B7CF-D5C4F53C9CEB.JPG Hi everyone, I had a major lockout surface around week 6 of flowering in my Coco, drip to waste grow. I am now 65 days into 12/12 and not sure whether to now just flush for a week then chop. Basically all my leaves are pretty much dead and have been for a week or so, on the top buds even the sugar leaves have yellowed. The problem is my top buds are still white at the very top but I'm worried now that the bud itself will deteriorate if left much longer. I will lessen the light hrs to 10 to hopefully move the process of finishing along quicker.

I did break the lock at week 6 flower with a major flush but it was too little too late to save the leaves. The bud is fine by the way , hard and sticky ect. Just not sure whether to let them go to 10 weeks or 9. Any thoughts?

2. Turn off the hps and use your house lights for pics. They don't look ready as I see alot of pistils that haven't receded but hps make horrible picture quality so it's hard to tell.lessening the lighting will not hurry things up, it might even slow things down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. "Lets cut through the bullshit and spread good information in a way that is not so absolute. Or at very least explain the growth stages of cannabis making sure to mention that the pistils should have receded back into the bud before you chop. Regardless of trichome colour.

If I could offer one piece of advice on picking the right time to harvest, it's all about watching the pistils. Not so much the colour, but the movement. They should have receded into the bud and the seed bracts should be swollen."

And if I see another zoomed in trichome pic... lol. If you aren't sure it's ready it's not ready. It will scream at you when it's ready. Nice buds

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's my point, I know it's not ready it's just I'm worried my buds will deteriorate because of the non existent foliage....just dont want to mess up the end product even more than I already probably have. This strain (Bristol black kush) always matures from the bottom up. So the bud will still mature even with no foliage? ...Ok I will let them do their thing, thanks for reply

5. 07B1A85B-0F0C-4D68-853E-4A1328EB30DE.JPG D3E34A3D-B3AC-4A2C-B409-3CA0E25077D2.JPG 07B1A85B-0F0C-4D68-853E-4A1328EB30DE.JPG

There you go Killset

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not ready. Leave it be let it go, it will be fine. It could of used a bit more nitrogen in veg. There's some signs of early nitrogen deficiency but let it finish.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amazing how much they still can pack on in ten days since my last post. Even with no leaves! I seriously thought they couldn't get any bigger/better . I'm near the finish line now though. Thanks for feedback everyone. Cheers

• Like Like x 1