Choosing an ebb and flow system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Futuregreenking, Jul 19, 2016.

1. #1 Futuregreenking, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Hey guys

I have been buying grow equipment for a couple months now and it is about time for me to buy (or build) a system. I've narrowed it down to the point where I know I want 5 gallon buckets (roughly 15-25.) I've got 4 1000w double ventilated hoods. My question is, build my own or purchase one new. I have spent a good amount of money on quality equipment so I don't want to mess up by building a system that isn't as efficient and/or effective as I would like but I really wouldn't mind saving a few bucks. On the other hand I wouldn't mind spending the extra money to know that I will not have any problems. My other main concern is that when buying a system (the big boy) is what I'm leaning towards or something similar) is that it comes with the net pots, hosing etc. is it much cheaper to build my own? One last question, I would like to have a veg room ready for flower when the time is right..do I need or is it recommended that I veg in a 5 gallon system like the one described above? It's a lot of money to have 2 set up and ready but I don't want to deprive my roots of growing if there isn't enough room so my real question is how much mass does the average root have around flower time for DWC and how do I go about transplanting if I need to do so. Thanks in advance ✍

2. If you're wanting to do big boy style bucket e&f, check out stoner's thread. He vegges on a flood table, then puts the baskets into the bucket system for flower. Pretty sure he assembled the buckets etc, but purchased the control bucket. Pry saved a bit over ready made.
    Grand dog Tahoe

He's growing in coco at the moment, but the beginning of that thread may give you ideas.

3. Thanks man that helps a lot

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kronicly Insanes 2016 indoor adventures
    Kronicly Insanes 2016 indoor adventures

Check out my grow. I use flood tables for veg and flowering and have great results. Flood tables have an advantage over buckets. The roots have more room to grow and I only have one reservoir to maintain per tent. I have hear of people having a few issues with buckets. After a few cycles the buckets can and will break. The water temp in the buckets can easily get too hot and cause issues too. Having a large reservoir it keeps the water temps more stable. By using tables you will have less chance of something breaking as there are lets parts to break. It will be cheaper to run too. With less pieces it will be cheaper to set up. With buckets each one is independent and each need air stones and other equipment where with a flood table you will need less equipment to maintain the grow. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app