Choosing a Strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jesuschristo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hello all. New here and a bit overwhelmed. I have been reading the stickys and picking up a ton of useful information.

I am looking at choosing a strain from here -- Cannabis Seeds Attitude Marijuana Seeds

I would like a good yield per plant, that is my main concern. Quality is important of course, but not as much as yield.

This will be grown in a basement, plenty of space and no time constraints. I am aiming for at least 5 plants, but understand I can clone as long as I have some success.

What is your favourite strain? I would like to spend under $100 USD for my first order, because I am making other investments in lighting and ventilation that is setting me back.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

2. what kind of high do you want?
    head high
    or couch lock?

and do you have a height limit
    and do you need a hardy plant
    what kind of lights do you plan to grow with
    soil or hydro?

3. id say though so far...
    master kush
    the church
    duty fruity
    Destroyer
    big bud

4. #4 jesuschristo, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    I am new to this, so type of high on the first grow is not my target.

Height limit is to the ceiling, so about 9 feet. I plan on using LST, so hopefully the height issue during veg stage will not be a problem.

I plan to grow with soil, using CFL lighting. I want to use HPS, but am concerned about the heat signature and power usage.

Thanks for your input thus far.

5. Here's a link a fellow GC user gave me:

KGB - Marijuana Strain Library

Great information on pretty much every strain out there all in one place. Hope it helps.

6. worry about ease of growth for your first grow ..instead of potentcy and yield.

my suggestion to you is nice and simple

NL from Nirvana..easy to grow ..and cheap to buy, with a decent yields..and potency.

regular

femmed

peace and good luck

7. Makes sense. Thanks.