Choclope girls too tall for room, lst?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by soundscience4.0, Mar 6, 2011.

1. HEY GRASSCITY NEED SOME OF YOUR EXPERTEASE!! I have 4 chocolope girls that are 5.5 weeks into flower and have gotten very tall, almost 5 feet. They already passed the reflector and I have them at the walls of the room so that the lower parts of the girls get some good light at least. I dont see any big colas on them and its worrying me. I have a GL145 growlab that is 4'9" Wide x 4'9" Deep x 6'7" Tall. I am using a 600 watt HPS bulb. I have other girls that are the same age but diff strain and thery are at a perfect height and thick colas establishing. I can raise the relector another 9inches max maybe but the tops of the choclopes would then be right on the glass of the reflector. Would it be ok to bend the plants and maybe LST or tie them dowm. I was thinkin maybe bend them 2 feet from the top and lst or tie them dowb some how so that the tops are sideways or horizontal that way they could get some good lighting? I dont know any help would be great !! THANKS PEACE

2. Your plan sounds like your only and best option. I see no reason it shouldn't work as long as you are careful. Good luck.

3. yes i was thinking the same thing. I tried bending one of the main colas and it stayed bent just enough so not to break or snap the stem. I just have to fig how I am gonna tie them down. I have a more hope now atleast THANKS !! ANY MORE INFO WOULD BE GREAT !!

4. Actually 2 weeks into flowering my plant grew too tall (in a room with 7 foot ceilings) in its 5 gallon pot. I started her before coming here so I had stupidly not topped, LST'd or SCROG'd because I had no idea what they were. I put a big tomato cage around her and used cooking twine, tied to the rings of the tomato cage and branches I wanted to train.

The cool thing is I was able to move them side to side to get the best lighting on each branch from above because the hoops allowed sliding of the knot easily.

I added more tension each day by shortening the strings. She's doing fine and is budding like crazy.

If you bend a branch (I did) don't freak out. MJ has superpowers. She can take it. I actually bent the very top bud too far over and it kinked. I freaked, but a week later it had knotted those buds are the biggest by far..

5. I took a picture for you of my main bent branch (I actually kinked the main trunk). I thought I was going to kill her, she's doing quite well as you can see by the pictures.

One pic is the bent main...the long bud shot is one of many long buds coming from it, the overall shot is what it looks like from the top down (I LST'd it mid flowering) she's about 4 weeks in now.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files: