Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chlorophyll

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 122walls, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I read somewhere that you can rinse your bud of Chlorophyll if you get some not flushed well. Anyone else know anything about this?

2. well, chlorophyll isnt flushed out in the flush, its what makes the plant green lol..... so i have no idea how that could even be possible

3. chlorophyll? more like borophyll

JK.. sorry :( :hide:

4. Maybe you're talking about a water cure? Coincidentally I just finished one of those yesterday. Supposedly it washes away lots of impurities including chlorophyll and excess nutrients. I did it because I had a problem with mildew throughout the grow. Mine's not completely dry yet so I can't tell you if the taste is comparable to a dry cure or not, but no signs of mildew anywhere! Some say it even raises the relative THC % by removing other stuff.

Here's a good thread on it:
    https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/47-water-curing/

5. Lol is it chloro, something I thought. Chloroform? Idk, anyways, basically when the plants not flushed properly of fertilizer or this chloro stuff lol, you know how that dried herb is... is there anyway to clean or smooth it out after its at home in a jar?

6. #6 122walls, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks, this is what I was asking about. Curious to hear if there's anyone here that's tried it. Let me know how yours turns out!

7. Well, I definitely got baked on it last night and this morning, so the potency is still there :D

8. #8 122walls, Jun 1, 2011
    I'm gonna have to do this to the harsh outdoor bud I just got

9. Haha no chlorophyll is right, but it is what makes the plant green and isn't flushed out. You don't want chlorophyll in your hashes and extracts, but it's fine in the bud.

Your "error" reminds me of the funniest pickup line ever: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

10. Well obviously you can't get rid of all the chlorophyll, but you do want to let it break down as much as possible. This is one of the reasons behind a good curing process. Raw chlorophyll makes harsh, nasty smoke, so you want to let it degrade and break down before you smoke it.

Early in my water cure, the water was green and stinky every time I changed it. Toward the end it was clear and much more fragrant. Once the bud's actually dry it should be pretty smooth, at least theoretically...

11. #11 122walls, Jun 1, 2011
    Lol, I'm going to have to try that and see how it works. Bet they'll sniff lol.
    I knew it was chlorophyll.. VINDICATION.. So does it just process out in bho and hash. I've made tincture and separated the chlorophyll in water and dumped it.... so once the bud is dried you're saying you won't notice or can clean it if you're smoking it?

12. crap i was going to type the same thing:wave: