Chlorophyll smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cartoon_autopsy, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Hey all! One thing that is and has been on my mind for a little while is.... Chlorophyll...
    I have heard and know that obviously grow rooms and tents can get a bit smelly during flower (mmmmm haha)
    but my garden tent is all in veg.. very recently switched lights to 12 on 12 off.. but during the 12 on period, it fills the room the tent is in with what i imagine is the smell of chlorophyll.
    i understand the whole absorbing light thing... but damn.. didnt think it'd pong so strong!..
    Am i right that during the veg stage it can smell... and it is chlorophyll?

2. I don't know if it's a chlorophyll smell or just the plant but I can smell mine at a week or 2 old.

I would expect all house plants to smell if it was chlorophyll.

The charcoal filters are your friend. I have a fan and filter in a room with an auto starting to flower and it has killed the smell in there. Not even ducting it outside.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can’t explain it, or why it happens. When I transitioned to 12/12 the smell didn’t change as far as how it smelled. But for a period of time after the lights come on there’s definitely a plant smell louder than at any other point during the day. I also run filters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Some plants get a strong smell even in veg. Myself, my nose is fried.. Years of stuffing alot of chemicals up it.. I did self medicate for years before a doctor wood work with me.. Long hair, beard,, riding up on my motorcycle, dressed in leathers,, hell they all assumed I was just trying to hustle pain meds from them.. Was too much a problem so I just got my meds off the street for years...

But even like you said,, some strains smell in veg and others don't. Does it smell like fresh-mowed lawn clippings? Take a small leaf and rub it back and forth in your fingers and smell it..

They have a product called Ona Block comes in a solid stick form that sells for about 20 bucks on the net you can put in the same room as the tent, if you are getting strong smells you want to hide abit,,
    It may help without all the trouble of installing a carbon filter. Of course a carbon filter will remove all the smells coming out of a tent on the plus side,, but takes up alot of room on the negative side.

I have trouble identifying smells and have to use a chart for it. Start at the middle and work your way out on the round one,, or the larger circles and out from there on the other one.. GL and Keepem Green FlavourPie_strain_english_2012.png gallery_398_682_74780.jpg ...

• Like Like x 2