chlorine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sourapple, Dec 25, 2007.

1. would putting tap water straight into a humidifier which blows right on the plants be harmful because of the CL or is it only harmful if put directly into the soil? my plants are sick and im trying to troubleshoot

2. If you let the tap water sit for ~24hrs it will degas for the most part. Or if your in a rush you can boil the water first.

Honestly though I can't see it harming your plants. As long as you're not watering them strait from the tap, that is...

3. no im not, i just cant figure out what else could be wrong. the one plant that was directly in front of the humidifier is the one that is dying

4. Well how much humidity are you putting out on your plants? What is your RH without the humidifier? Is the humidifier also putting out any heat?

5. without the humidifer the room was at 20%. i noticed slowing growth so i checked the humidity and then bought a humidifier; the plants starting growing much faster. with the humidifier on full blast it raises the humidity by 10%. it doesnt produce heat. i was thinking i had a nute burn problem, but i flushed and it didnt do anthing. then i considered an over watering problem, but i dont know why only 1 out of 6 plants would become so sick while the others are getting bigger if it was a nute/water problem. the ph (according to my capsule powder test) of the soil is about 6.5

6. Yes it can kill the shit out of your plants, just let it sit for 24hrs, at room temp. It could be a number of things.

7. so tap water in a humidifier kills plants?