Chiro's Dinafem Blue Widow - 2 plant DWC ScrOG - 96w T5 Veg / 600w HPS Flower

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by chiroman, Jan 31, 2012.

1. those look soo delicious

2. Yeah it must be tough doing all those secret grows, esp considering she knows you did that big scrog. I have magnetic child locks on my cabinets so you can't open them without the "key"
    Not of making BHO. It's a very sticky process.
    Haha, now you can look around at people's houses wondering if they have grows in things. I do that to a fault.
    I've never made iso, seems like it has all the negatives as BHO though, sticky ass process. I will probably do so though, just to see the difference.

I might try making dry ice hash, seems messy though, I would want to do it on some kinda thing that has edges so it doesn't go everywhere. Seems easier to store too. Does your material have to be dry to make dry ice hash?

Thanks! I finished on friday. Which means there's like two days between the first stuff I trimmed and the last haha. Will make for an interesting cure.
    I hang them in the grow closet until it feels dry. Previously I put them in paper bags after that, but this time I think I'm just going to put them in jars and burp them.
    Thanks! I can't wait to compare my blue widow to yours.

3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to do a final trim and stick them in jars today. I'll try to get a dry weight for you guys in the next few days. As I've seen with other BW grows, the colas shrank a lot more than normal, and are super dense. I like to cure about a month.

Thanks for following guys!

4. #284 Ironhead, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    Nice chiro!! Another great harvest done!:yay:

Dry ice hash isn't messy at all dude.. It is so awesome.. And the yield from it is wayyy better than iso or butane... At least with my experience with it.

It does need to be dry to do though. I get the best yield from putting the dry trim in the freezer for a few days to really harden up those crystals. I'll take it out and let it defrost for a little bit then start to run it bout a zip at a time.

It's so great to see it all come out when you start shaking it... But it's even better when you scrape it all up together!;)

Oh ya if you decide to try this way, you should also check into making the bars of hash by heating and pressing.. It takes the hash to a whole other level!!!

5. Its always like a ghost town to see setups post harvest.

Nice job chiro. :)

6. Oh man I already do that I'm constantly looking at houses and picturing grows...but being in Michigan in the summer you can see detached garages with AC units built into the walls and no windows. I get a chuckle out of those.

7. another kikass run...nice job bro. :)

8. I'd love to see someone create a Sticky with PICS on this process - wink wink :hello:

9. I did find a video - don't mind the CAMO ;) Seems super easy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ]Dry Ice Hash Demo - YouTube[/ame]

10. mmmmmmm yum!

but id seriously figure out a way to make all that into BHO. :laughing:
    i want that pellet of hash. shits tight

11. Hell yeah hash pellet

12. I read through your whole grow last night and I feel like it like mine....but in the future and on a muuuuch larger scale.

I'm 24 days in and you're right, she definitely will take ANYTHING you do to her... I used your ~63 days as a guide for my girl....

Plus that's dope you're in Hawaii, I was there not too long ago staying at my buddys place right across from the Ala wai golf course. I got some pretty dank bud there, really fruity.

Much respect to your grow though and long live SCROG lol

13. omfg...

nearly shit my pants when i saw how much hash came out of just that single jar..

Been smoking leaf for the past 3 weeks until my pineapple express SCROG finishes,

all this time i could have been smoking dank hash :(

I havnt got the money right now for those hash bags (220 micron etc..)
    any other way i can filter the hash from the trim?

14. You can use a screen.
    I use my lil grinder. Throw some trim in,put a coin in there and shake .
    House can use isopropyl alcohol or butane to melt the trichombs and make hash too.

15. I know I am awful late to the party, but the wife and I were just talking about getting the things together to make hash. We watched it on American Weed, and it looked incredibly easy. I hate to think I let all that trim go to waste on the last grow! Not this time though.

16. [quote name='"5Jperday"']

omfg...

nearly shit my pants when i saw how much hash came out of just that single jar..

Been smoking leaf for the past 3 weeks until my pineapple express SCROG finishes,

all this time i could have been smoking dank hash :(

I havnt got the money right now for those hash bags (220 micron etc..)
    any other way i can filter the hash from the trim?[/quote]

Smoking trim?? I bet thats tasty:rolleyes: :D

Dude this dry ice hash is the shit... It makes a buttload fo sho.

17. Yep just get:

91% or higher Isopropyl alcohol (or everclear)
    1 mason jar
    1 coffee filter
    1 pyrex dish
    1 big thing of hat water to set the pyrex on top of (preferably a pot of water on the stove)
    Some rubberbands or something like them.

(Please open the windows before you do this!)

Grind up or just break up all your trim.

Put it all in the mason jar and fill it about 2" above the trim (don't pack it down, and leave a little room at the top)

Put the lid back on the jar, and give that shit a good shake.

Let sit for about an hour, shake again, and leave for another hour.

Shake it up really good one final time, then replace the lid with a coffee filter, and rubberband it down (make sure its secured good!!!!)

Hold the jar over the pyrex dish upside down and move it in a circular motion, getting all the alcohol out. Once the jar seems empty, give it another real good swirl to try and get any left over alcohol out.

Place the pyrex dish in the pot of high water (with the temperature around 5-6 on your stovetop)

Let it sit on there for a good hour and check its consistency, if it's still pretty water take a paper clip or something and stir the greenish/black liquid a little to get the pockets of alcohol out. Turn off the stove once it start to get pretty think.

After 1-2 hours, just scrape your hash oil off the bottom of the pyrex, and it's ready to go! Even if there's a tiny bit of ISO left, it just turns into CO2 when you burn it, so there's no harm there.

Hell, I'd put some of that on a bit of leftover trim, and get good and stoned! I prefer putting the oil that comes from ISO on top of my weed instead of using a skillet etc..

Good luck my friend! If you've got everything you need, it's only $3-5 for a bottle of ISO depending on how much you need.

18. I should have seen these a long time ago, with so many post you have around the city. Anyway I will take a seat to see what's next :smoke: Great harvest btw

19. Wouldnt it be better using another bucket to collect the hash, it looks like a lot of it was wasted

20. I think I am going to invest in one of the bucket systems online. Has anyone in here done that?