Chipped and need a little help.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Glassroots, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Hello all. So basically my gf dropped her glass jar of lotion. It hit the base of my king stemline. Thankfully one it didnt shatter and two I have a great gf who felt worse then I did, which I didn't think was possible. She is going to pay for all the repairs and she's getting me the new oil rig I've been eyeing as an extra sorry. Ya I love her. It took a smaller sized chip out of the edge of the base ontop. The side is still intact and there are no cracks though. I know I got EXTREMELY lucky with this one. So basically does anyone know people in South Florida that could fix this. Any idea of what it should cost me? I have talked to a few head shops but most won't touch the piece because they don't sell high quailty glass. I bought from ***. also She (yes we have now set a rule she can't touch the glass or be near it without supervision) dropped the worked bowl too. The little tip popped off. Again no structural damage. So same questions apply. I appreciate any and all help. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I really dont think you need a new base

3. #3 Glassroots, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    I didn't say I need a new base. I said I just want it filled and smoothed out.

4. true sorry man no idea

5. glass805.com

6. I'd prob just try gluing the slide, can chips like that be filled? anyone else had it done?

7. I would just epoxy the chipped area and call it a day. If it really bothers you flip it on Craig's.

8. I've been told by shops out of state it can easily be fixed by a quality glass blower. It's just finding one in Florida has been my issue. I've been given 2 contacts I'm tracking down now to see what they can do.

9. Would be easier for a blower to just smooth out the spot on the base in the flame instead of trying to fill it in. The only way to get it looking totally flawless again would be to replace the entire base.

The slide would be an easy fix, they just gotta flame the end of the horn to smooth it back out, they can make it pointy again that way real easy.

10. That's what I want. I don't expect it to look new again. Just smooth would make me happy. I'm working with someone now. Ill keep everyone posted

11. do not use grateful js for this repair.

12. Any particular reason why? As that's who I was recommended