Chinese Restaurants

Discussion in 'General' started by foamcups, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Two questions for you first Have you ever had General Tso's Chicken that was actually spicy?

Second, have you even been into a chinese restaurant when they actually type in how much your food costs into the cash register instead of just hitting the open button and tell you how much it costs?

2. Hey man quit hating on the "chinese" food man.

That's a stoner foul.

May you never taste the delicious endlessness of chinese buffet:smoke:

3. I'm not hating on the chinese food man, i'm actually eating some right now, was just wondering about these two things.

4. We have a local chinese place even though our town is microscopically tiny.

Most places are more than happy to make something extra spicy if you ask when you order.

My place actually knows my normal order - General Tso tofu, add ginger and garlic, extra broccoli and brown rice =)

5. Wow I just realized my local chinese places do this... I always thought there was something weird about how I paid for food but could never put my finger on it. Those sneaky bastards.

6. They're just trying to dodge the extra taxes i think lol

7. Fie dolla even.

That's all I ever hear...

8. I have two answers

1. yes I have, but usually I have to ask to make it spicy. If something is too spicy, a customer might go home hungry, if something is a little bland, it's still edible.

2. I think they do that because there are no set prices on it, so they just type it in and any error is of the result of their math (which I trust;))

9. Yes, once. It was surprisingly spicey, and delicious.

I've never seen them just hit the open button.

10. i thought general tso was always spicy?

and haha yeah they always type the shit in.

good god i love chinese. oh my GAWD. dont even get me started.

11. 1.) alright well that makes sense

2.) I'm not sure what you are getting at...all they have to do it type in the numbers that are on the cash registers and then they automatically add the taxes on to the food.

12. x = total food price
    y = tax%

X * (Y+1) = food+tax

i think at least haha, havent taken math since HS

13. lol that's not what i meant, i was talking about you saying they don't have set prices...did you mean they change the prices of there food randomly or don't they don't program their registers.