China Glass Getting Smarter

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BongBandit, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Hello all,

So a bit over a year ago I saw china glass makers putting out honycombs into the European market. This was big because I'd only seen them on expensive american bongs I could never hope to afford or cheap bongs that won't ship to the uk. By doing this, china glass makers made honeycomb tech accessible to loads more people and now honeycombs are common in cheap glass in the UK.

Well its happening again and I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

http://www.head-nature.com/tree/3085/Four-Twenty-Bongs      -    The bongs I'm chattin about.

A company called 'four twenty' (with an ugly logo) just appeared in my go to bong shop. This is the first time I've seen spinning splash guards and complex perc designs in cheap bongs sold in this type of shop. 

That means complex percs and spinning splash guards are about to go big in the uk and hopefully many more will be available this time next year. 

I just want to know what everyone thinks. My worries are that the lack of quality might lead to trapped smoke in the percs. Its not a big issue with a simple tree perc but I think added complexity to the designs without added care in the manufacture could cause a real problem.

I imagine some of you will be discussed to see china copying your ideas and some of you will be stoked to see this new bong tech in something you can afford.

What do you think?

2. Where are you from? I think this bongs are not good quality

3. Its like finding fake Air Jordans... tbh I dont really mind... and so long as the person who bought it likes what they received I'm not gonna make a stink about it. If the pipes/bongs work then who cares. Not everyone has the money to spend on a $300+ bong from a legit company.

4. Yeah, this is right...but you get what you Pay

5. True, I see no problem with china glass, I've even heard that a lot of head shops buy china glass in bulk and resell it as american glass for profit, that's why I treat all head shops with the same level of trust, unless you KNOW that it's american, you'll never know if your piece is actually china glass.

6. One of the most reputable glass shops in my city of Vancouver sells china glass

[​IMG]

7. China glass isn't bad, it's just brittle, or made of "soft" (non-boro) glass. Just be gentle with it.

8. My China glass rig stacks bubbles better than most expensive oil rigs.
    But It has no charm to it, no feeling it was made by someone's hand with their mind..just a piece of clear glass with dodgy welds does it job tho like I said .. It's my daily rig. There is a market for China glass. Just don't confuse it with the other market of real artist heady glass.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

9. China has been doing this for years now where have you been?

10. every glass on glass bong you see is borosilicate... so your wrong saying china is soft glass.

the only soft glass bongs are those cheap soda lime swirly color grommet bongs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Ok, first, calm down killer and re-read my post, then you'll notice the OR that's in there.

I don't care if you want to jump all over me, just make sure it makes sense, and is grammatically proper, but it's cool you tried.

12. Those look really nice acctually haha but thats because im poor :p

13. whats with everyone being so soft

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. What's so hard about adding a question mark?

15. Give the dude a break, it's an internet forum, not a high school English class. I'm sure you could still understand what he was saying perfectly fine

16. Ok, and?

17. Sovereignty glass!! This is about the dumbest thing I've heard. You get what you paid for. My brother tapped his cheap no name bong on a coffee table thing shattered. My left coast and illadelphs have took more dings in the sink and bathtub than I can count. Not even a flea bite on either. There's your difference folks

18. now the stem8 will never see a hard surface. My diamond of my glass collection. #supportlyourlocalheadshop #supportamericanpipeart

19. This is what i say. I agree 100% with you Illy!!!
    You get what you pay. China glass are definatly not so good as boro tubes!!

20. Mexican glass says: "me vale verga, vamos a fumar un leno"