Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

China glass at gas stations?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EnjoiKush, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I know everyone looks down on these bongs and stuff that you see at gas stations, but there's this hadji gas station near my home that sells tons of bongs, obviously thin china glass.

My question is: Whats so bad about them besides they're thin? Do they hit bad, orrrr?

2. They're fine. Just ask to hold it before you buy so you can tell if it's shit or not.

3. China glass is much softer then borosilicate and therefore has a lower temperature range in which you can work with which means that the welds between sections are not as good so it might break along one of those points. The glass being softer also means that saw cuts for the percs are not as clean so you may not get as even of diffusion. If you get something with a tree perc it will probably eventually snap off. That being said it of course will still work as a piece, it is just lower quality than other pieces. You get what you pay for.

4. Just be careful with it. Won't take the beating a quality piece would. I've had a china glass bong for years without a problem.

5. My first pipe was chinese. It tended to heat up a lot as I smoked, and then I dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces.

6. don't do it man

7. I went and bought one for shits and giggles. It was only 60 dollars and came with a diffused downstem, ashcatcher, and has a 4 arm 8 slit perc.

Keep in mind that I have 3 other higher end bongs, and have never so much as bumped them. Only 2 other people EVER smoke out of them, being my girlfriend and best friend, and they are the same way I am. I've had my zob for a good few years now. Even if this china one does break, I don't care. It was only 60 dollars and I have some money to spend.