Chimera's Creating Feminized Auto-Flowering Seeds Project

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chimera2, May 29, 2012.

1. #1 chimera2, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    The purpose of this Journal is to the create of feminized seeds using colloidal silver (CS) as the catalyst.
    Start Date – May 28, 2012, Memorial day
    By using CS on the lower 3 nodes of subject plant, I will create an asexual plant, with the bottom 3 nodes having male flowers, middle portion having both male/female parts due to overspray and the top portion of plant being completely female flower (smokeable bud). By spraying the lower 3 nodes the CS will block the female hormone which produce flowers and instead will grow male flowers from which I will collect pollen for the creation of seeds.
    Warning:
    First off, if using this process to create seeds, never, ever smoke any of the affected plant parts as if may cause serious health hazard! Again NEVER, EVER smoke treated portion of plant.
    My subject plant will be Pineapple Express automatic – breeder G13 Labs, genetics unknown/secret

[​IMG]

Plants current age is 17 days old, she is on Node 6 and has started flowering with Nodes 4 & 5 both having produced pistils. I have sprayed nodes 1-3 with CS tonight at lights-out as CS is light sensitive! Plant will be sprayed for the next 21 days using CS.

The Recipient Plants to be pollenated
    1. The subject plant (this creates self/clone seeds) – pollination process self-pollination
    2. Pineapple Express automatic #2 – genetics – unknown x Ruderalis, Plant displays indica type leaves – pollination method – hand pollinated
    3. La Diva Automatic breeder Delicious Seeds – genetics – Blueberry x IL Diavolo Automatic (Critical + x Ruderalis) – pollination method – hand pollinated
    Recipient 2&3 will be germinate on 17 June, this wait period will allow for enough time to pass so that the CS generated male flowers on the subject plant to ripen/release viable pollen in which to pollinate and recipient 2&3 sufficient time to begin flowering.

2. Very interesting,gonna be cool to watch this.Hence I can make my own feminized seeds,whenever I learn the process.Thanks chime

3. I'm here :) can't wait to soak in a lot of great knowledge!

4. seems interesting, I will follow.

5. Glad to have you watching, it's hard to believe that what a little distilled water and suspended silver will do.:D

Well we can thank the knowledge to granny420 over at IC magazine,[​IMG] I'm just impliment that knowledge, and reaping the savings from having my own free seeds!;) The real bonus is for anyone growing autos, as you can't clone them and at 10-20$ a seed it adds up fast!:D

I'm going to wait on taking clones off the pure AK for pollen making, till 10 days after she's been flipped to 12/12 that way I won't be wasting a main branch as the secondary branches will have formed. Once she roots I'll throw her immediately into flower as I'm only looking to use her for pollen and of course the casual selfed seeds (clone like seed). :D

6. perhaps just taking a branch and covering in a black bag, off and on stressing that branch would hermie just that branch maybe? ill have to read about this, i got an auto i wanna reproduce.

7. That light interruptus method probably won't work on an auto as they have such a shrot flowering period and it takes 4-5 weeks for a seed to ripen and 3-4 weeks for the stress method to create ripe nanners, lastly it produces hermie seeds:eek:, with CS there are no hermie seeds just good feminized seeds!:D

8. #8 chimera2, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    Well I sprayed The PE atuomatic for the 2nd time, there is not noticeable change yet and she now is sleeping for the next 4hrs. There's another 19 CS sprayings to go.:) I'll take picts in the morning so you can see what if any changes have occured!:D

I forgot, I also repotted her as the container she was in fell apart, damn plastic anyhow, oh well, she's in a bigger pot so she have more room to grow!;)

9. Did you purchase Bio-Silver Ultra Colloidal Silver 50 ppm?

10. Yes, I got it on amazon.

11. Hey Chimera :wave::D I've heard of femming seeds with CS, but you are the first blade I've seen attempt to do it. This is really interesting! :hello:

I'm subbed :smoke:

As a side note, I've seen this man that was drinking CS for his health. He is now a permanent shade of dark silver/gray.

12. Yeah, I've seen ppl braggin about all its cureative properties, but I'm not about to take it internally or for that matter topically, I wash my hands everytime I use that shit, I also put a barrier between where I'm spraying and the soil, don't even want it saturating into the soil!:eek: Thats why the warning in red, if it even remotely has any of the CS on it I wont use it for anything but making seeds! I don't need a third eye or any other weird mutations/growths. :eek:

13. Ok, so I promised pictures, the first 3 are of the plant this morning and the last 3 are node shots I took tonight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see not much going on.

Now for the node shots, the first image is of node 1
    [​IMG]

second pict is of node 3, you can see the pistil has turned brown, that's the CS at work
    [​IMG]

Last pict is of node 4, no treatment of CS, unfortunately I didn't get a great look at the pistils on node 4 but they are definitely there!
    [​IMG]

Thats all of them, so far I haven't seen any of the weird twisting/leaf mutations I did in granny420's journal.

14. An alternative is Tiresias Mist, easy and reliable and this is coming from a guy that SUCKS at growing. I LOVE growing but am definitely a hobbyist grower and the mist worked fine. Good luck [​IMG]

15. From my brief research tiresias mist is CS, and it takes the same number of days as CS so I'll continue using CS, but thanks for your suggestion.:rolleyes:

16. Very interesting Chimera !

How are you getting CS ? Do You make it yourself or buy it ?

Subd

ZS

17. I bought it from amazon.com, of course I'll consider making it in the future if this works as well as I expect it to. Picts to follow...

18. First up is the whole plant, you'll notice that the bottom leaves have been catching hell, they were wet with the CS and I put some neem cake dressing around the plant and some got on to the lower leaves needless to say she got leaf burn!

[​IMG]

This is a pict of the 3 treated nodes you'll notice that the pistils on node 3 have browned and receeded, this is exactly what is suppose to happen.:D

[​IMG]

The last pict is of node 3 & 4, you'll notice that on 3 the pistils are browed off and on node 4 where there has been no CS treatment that the pistils are emerging and are white!:cool:

[​IMG]

Thats all for today.

19. Great explanation n pic...great learning experience.thanks!

20. Absolutely, enjoy the experiments that's what all of this is partially about. But just so you know that product already does what you are trying to do. Good luck in your experiment.