Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chillums

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SageBuds, Nov 21, 2008.

1. I dont like them. Seem to me that they are just not worth smoking out of. The risk of ash in the mouth is not worth the amount of smoke you get. I may be spoiled by bongs but I would have to say Chillums are my least fav. peices to smoke out of. is anyone with me or am I alone on this?

2. i actually starting using a chillum the other day... im going to have to disagree with you on this one...

sure its not my primary smoking piece, but the hot smoke going down is pleasant...

also, if you just pack a stopper nug, you eliminate almost all chance of getting ash...

3. if you smoke it through your hands then both your problems are taken care of! smelly hands tho

4. I couldn't disagree more. I recently picked up a really nice chillum and it is perfect. It hits surprisingly smooth and is more discreet than a spoon. I actually like this more than my spoon.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pic but you get the idea.

5. There are many great benefits chillums enjoy that no other type of peice have:

1) Discreet...you'll never find a peice more discreet than a chillum (save one of those peices designed to look like something else). They are also small and compact so easy to store in discreet locations.

2) Good for groups...if you have a good chillum and dry enough bud, the bowls cherry and stay lit throughout the entire bowl. Great for passing around in larger groups, almost like passing around and hitting a j

3) Easy to pack...break up your weed and mix in some tobacco (or just plain weed if that's how you fly) and make it into a little mound on a hard surface. Then, simply press your bowl into the mound, and the weed will defy gravity and stick inside. Thus, you can burn through bowl after bowl without having to stop for a little bit to pack it.

4) Perfect for roaches or jays...you can stick the end of your roach right into the chillum. Or, you can smoke the whole joint that way. An easy way to avoid n*ggerlipping a jay and ruining it.

6. too true, too true.
    i love my chillum. i actually saw a sick one the other day so i picked it up. now i have two. they're awesome :hello:

7. I use my Chillum almost daily.

I really don't think you can compare a Chillum to a Bong. They are 2 pieces that serve different purposes. I normally hit my bong after work, when its time to relax. I normally hit my chillum when I just want to discreetly get high, like on the way to work. ;)

Chillum's are A+ in my book. Smooth hitters with usability.

8. i love smoking out of all kinds of pieces. i must say that chillums can hit harder than a lot of pieces. it is def. a no bullshit type of device without any method of filtration. ash in the mouth sucks indeed, but that shouldn't be a problem if you load your bowls correctly. try using a "plug nug" or a small piece of weed in the bottom of the bowl. you might still get ash even after that though, you can never tell with chillums.... if there is weed in it, i dont really give half a fuck

9. They're definitely good for being discreet.

Trips me out that I can't see the bowl when I'm lighting it though. :p

10. I am smoking from one now,I broke my 50$ spoon and my RooR so this will have to suffice until I get my Ehle.

I suppose it's okay,not my favorite by any means though.

11. Not going to lie, I fucking love my chillum. Awesome artwork, perfect design and mouthpiece...I dunno it's perfect for carrying around and still' lookin fly at the same time

12. i'm just a bong and blunt kinda guy.

if im at my crib no doubt the roor.

if anywhere else w/o a solid bong its straight to the dutches.

13. the first pipe i ever smoked out of was a chillum. like everyone else said, a plug nug pretty much takes care of the ash in the mouth problem. i dont currently own one but i want to get one soon

14. i have to disagree i think chillums are great to smoke out of and if you know how to smoke one properly (through your hands instead of smoking it like a cig) then you wont get any ash in your mouth. also you can get one that is smaller and prefect for on the go tokes.

15. i've never owned a chillum but i smoke from chillums a lot because my friends need to be discreet on campus with their bud and pipes...
    but my order of prefered smoking methods goes:
    1. illadelph Bong (hits me like a sack of bricks)
    2. my spoon (i like getting the full flavor of my bud when i got really dank bud)
    3. my bubbler (its a pain in the ass to clean)
    4. out of a chillum
    5. cyclone blunt wraps
    6. joint's

i'm considering getting a chillum because of the discreetness to them would make it perfect for driving around with it.

16. Chillums can be nice to take discreet little snaps (in my case anyway, my chillum holds one really good rip, 2 smaller ones maybe).

17. I had one for a few years and my friend showed me how to smoke out of it with his hands. I could never quite get it right and couldn't make a good seal.... .he was a pro. I suppose if you could do it right its got lots of upside like no germs cause your smoking out your hands and shit. Like I said though, i couldn't never quite do it right and I always got shitty rips.... I prefer a nice sherlock or bowl with a carb.

18. chillums are my favorite non water filtered way to smoke

19. I fucking hate chillums. Whats the point in getting one when you can just get a small spoon instead. No carb is bs

20. Say that while you're driving. No carb is awesome when you're driving and taking a quick toke of some bomb.

Not that I'd ever drive while hitting a chillum or any other sort of MJ device, never! :D I certainly wouldn't carry a 12V inverter to power my Volcano in my car. That's NOT the type of thing I would do EVAR.