Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chills/Low Blood Pressure?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nick9871, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I have been toking for close to 7 years. It was a daily ritual for about a year. Now it is much less frequent, maybe 2-3 times per week. But in the last year or so I have been having very different reactions to the herb. It seems like more often then not, immediately after using a modest amount (small bowl maybe 2 pinches worth, well small to me at least) I experience chills and spasms. The chills seem to be remedied by putting on lots of clothes, I feel very cold. The spasms don't seem all that controllable. I don't feel paranoid, and I don't feel out of control or 'tweaking' but its not very enjoyable. The high doesn't feel very high. High in the sense that I don't feel very relaxed or lethargic. Quite the opposite in fact.

Does smoking (rather than vaporizing) induce some sort of chemical that could cause blood pressure drops? Does THC itself cause blood pressure drops? Because it seems like this is the problem. Is there anything that I can do while toking to actually increase blood pressure to perhaps balance the effect of the THC? I'm also wondering if this is a strain issue. Bah I hope for the day when I can actually browse the aisles and choose between strains to fit my needs :p

Thanks!