chilling out

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Firm1, Apr 20, 2008.

1. I really didn't know where to put this but if its the wrong place then please exuse me....just a little fucked up

Anyway....I just wanted to discuss the notion of chilling out. And I'm not just talking about smoking pot but I mean in general. I mean just as how working in life is important so is the down time you spend when your not working. So many people look at life as you have to work and get shit done in order to survive but is it not just as important to chill out? I mean if we went around working all the time we'd probably kill ourselves. Sometimes its just important to, in the words of Phish, "have a cup of coffee and catch your breath. Whether that means smoking pot, smoking cigarettes, drinking, working on your car or like what my dad does build robots, its essential to just chill the fuck out sometimes. It pisses me off when all these prohabitionists and antidrug people sit here and say you can't do that because in my opinion that pretty much translates to "thats not the correct way to spend your off time. As long as you don't let it take apart of your life then its totally fine because each and every person has their own way of chilling out. Some people build stuff or read books and others spend time hanging out with their friends and smoking but all and all its just about spending a few hours out of your busy hectic lives trying to forget about it. Just a thought you guys.

2. yeah man, it seems these days people are trying to survive life instead of living it..the antidrug companies are really closed minded about the use of marijuana..mj has helped me grow mentally as a person and i have not let it become a way of life..keep chillin..peace