Childrens book "the money tree"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Litew8stoner, Jul 1, 2017.

1. When I was a kid I was given a very illustrative picture book called the money tree. In the book the kid has a plant thats literally growing dollar bills. He starts cloning the tree and all of a sudden he's balling with all kinds of cool shit at his house. The tree becomes over planted and then becomes worthless at the end of the story.

I only remember it years later because of how similar it seemed to marijuana. The author must have known. I cannot find this book on the internet anywhere it seems. I don't think I imagined it. I tried to ask a pothead coworker at my job but what he remembered was shel silversteins the giving tree, a different book but similar.

Did anyone read "The money tree" that I'm talking about?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Maybe you're talking about "the giving tree".

• Like Like x 1
  3. I did mention the giving tree, while very similar it's not the same book. The giving tree was by shel silverstein.

The money tree had different graphics I specifically remember it was a potted plant that grew dollar bills and the kid who had it was balling lol

4. Hmm now that I think about it I swear I read that too, I remember the wavy dollar bills. Or maybe I just want a money tree lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's gotta be it or a re-hash of it! Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. And this whole time I thought it was da bears. I T WAS DA BEERS!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1