Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Children?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MaLfUnCtIoN5, Feb 18, 2010.

1. If you've been smoking for awhile you've probably encountered children at some point. Whether it's a ayounger family member or whatever.

I ask cause this morning I was presented with a moral dilemma. I was hanging out with my buddy who happens to have a child and his girl friend. They wanted to smoke but they had kids in the car.

I'd like to say I'm not irresponsible but it'd be a lie. however this was a bit more serious than my usual indiscretions. I allowed them to smoke with the windows all the way down and after restraining the child correctly in the rear seat, which required me to sit back their and keep her damn little hand off the seat belt release.

how do you deal with minors in general?

2. Well you can't tell others how to raise there kids.
    But smoking near a child is shady. their young brains are very vunerable to chemicals, and despite the overwhelming evidence that weed isn't all that harmful I just still wouldn't do it.
    Plus being stoned around a little 'un isn't too clever, if that kid was hurt or in some sort of trouble your not gonna be on top form to handle the situation...

The youngest I've been around was my friends, friends 15 year old. But he was toking with us, I personally didn't agree but hey.

In my opinion smoking weed when your a minor should be done behind your parents back.

3. 100%
    but as a responsible adult, I don't think parents should smoke around/with their kids. now when i say kids i mean kids, once they're 18 they're not kids.
    and as a responsible adult member of society, maybe u'd like to say something? this to me is similar to seeing a parent hitting their kid in public for misbehaving. it gives you the willys but you can't tell people how to raise their kids. if it happens repeatedly or to an extreme, i'd feel like id have to say/do something.

now this brings up the point of, at what age can one start smoking. I didn't smoke until I was 18. but 18 really is an arbitrary number. plenty of people started when they were <15, and they turned out fine. But I also think the drinking age should be lowered to 18. if 18 is some magical number where a child becomes an adult then we should make it across the board. but if u think about it, @ 18 most people have finished or are about to finish high school. the end of required education. and through high school I think you can learn all you need to survive as a productive member of society. over the past 2 years ive had 3 bosses that never went to college. so, after you've learned all you really need to learn, then you can start making decisions for yourself, and you're hopefully responsible enough to handle alcohol, weed, driving, whatever as a productive member of society.
    sorry, that'll end my rant.