Children

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by chanelhaze, Apr 26, 2014.

1. So I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this open ended question but it is a different type of relationship so I don't know. Please redirect me to where I should post if there is a better place for this. Anyways-
    I was wondering if any of you have children and smoke and maintain a healthy relationship with your child. I have a child and do not smoke around him but I am high around him and am able to feel very connected to him and able to mother him better. People may make me feel bad about it but I feel that I'm perfectly capable of taking care of him and being high. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I know of a few responsible members here that hide their smoking from their kids. I often wonder what it would be like to have to hide it because I wouldn't want to expose my kids to that until they found out about it themselves when they were mature enough. As far as being able to care for your kid high, I agree with. I hate that people think you can't act responsible while high almost equating it to being drunk or high on something else. It's apples and oranges.. 

3. I'm a dad and I know for a fact that people that are good parents when they are not high they will be just as good or even more so when they are high. I don't get stoned around the kids but I am high around them frequently and I have a very healthy relationship with them.  

You can find some of these discussions in the Great Indoors section.

Here is a recent one. http://forum.grasscity.com/great-indoors/1278240-moms.html

Welcome to the City. :wave:

4. I'm a father of a 2 year old daughter, I usually just smoke at night when she's asleep or early during my days off, long before she's awake. I don't have any problem with parents being high around their kids, do your thing. I, personally just prefer to be sober around my daughter. Maybe down the line when she's a lot older I won't have to hide it but right now I just feel like enjoying the time with her now sober, would be best for me.

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

5. My girls old best friend had a two year old daughter. Both her father figures in her life ( her real father, and her mother's at the time bf) both decided to commit suicide, so my girlfriend helped her out giving her a place to stay, so I made it my responsibility when I was over there to do things with the little girl, I'd help her ice a cake I was baking, or just little things that really make a kids day and at the same time have a male figure in her life too. But I'd always smoke and hang out with her high, really let me get into a child's mind and kinda be a kid again haha :) we helped each other out really, and I do miss her alot :unsure:

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. My wife and I have a couple of simple rules: 1) Don't smoke at the house when our kids are here and 2) See rule #1.  We will on occasion eat an edible after they have been in bed for a couple of hours, but that is more as a sleep aid for my wife.

So we are limited to smoking when they are at sleepovers or we are away for the weekend without them.  Just the choices we made.