Children Ate Pot Brownies at elementary school

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by retreat, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Actually, you did. By saying that marijuana is a medicine at any age, you forgot that not everyone on this planet is a good candidate for cannabis use. :rolleyes:

2. Yes, its a safer medicine than what is recommended and actually given.
    Never said that everyone was a candidate, nor did I forget that fact, as I clearly indicated in my last post .
    Any other assumptions and poorly constructed responses?

3. I want some marijuana Kool-Aid :hello:

4. It's the general reaction, and the subtleties that are the issue.

They rushed the kids into an ambulance and sent them to the fuckin hospital. That's just gonna terrify them, and cause more mental harm than a funny feeling and some vomiting will.

The picture they choose for the article shows the back of a stretcher and an ambulance, it's the classic "murder!!1" article picture. People associate that picture from that angle with death.

Link all this together and you have one fucked up story/"event" that's going to make people feel even more negatively about weed because of all the overreaction and subtle hints to negativity/bad/death. It causes the association without people even realizing it.

5. Believe it or not, I actually waited until I was 18. While I'm sure they may have been weirded out by an unexpected/unwanted experience, I can't buy that much of it warranted being put on a stretcher and hauled away in an ambulance. That's just a waste of resources and time. I'm sure they're all familiar with throwing up and being dizzy, if from nothing else than getting sick, as kids are wont to do.

Regardless, my post wasn't meant as a sleight towards the kids for not being able to take it or anything. It was meant to chastise the adults who went way overboard and probably caused more harm than anything else by freaking the poor kids out and subjecting them to all of that shit. Having been on a stretcher, in an ambulance as well as medivac'd before, I can guarantee that whole experience is traumatising enough as is.

6. I can't ever get my hands on edibles with a wallet full of bills and these 10 year olds get it for free. Guess it pays to live under the sun

7. I don't condone kids and pot or any drug but had this been any other "street" drug the parents and kids would be way more fucked.

8. Or had it even been just about any prescription medication from a medicine cabinet.

9. Caffeine is a drug to me. I am unable to sleep, if I drink it. We activists, are very lucky, none of those children had a "panic attack." Or any other untoward symptoms. I wonder if they tested each one for thc? As, sometimes kids get sick, watching other kids, get sick. (we all can).

There may have been a Spelling Bee in 5th period. Some kids are very creative.

Generally, on these kinds of events, there is a bit of follow-up; Of parents protesting and complaining of the 'failure of the school to protect' their kids, etc. To me, this is a sign, Hysteria among parents and marijuana is letting up.

I can just see the parents having a Pow-Wow, smoking a Peace Pipe and saying, "Well, it sure is better than alcohol or the powders!" Or an AK-47

There wasn't a great deal of hype or even Anti-Marijuana centered around this. I am in Disbelief!!! I watched all the local major network news on it and local papers...I am very Amused. It appears, California Media is: No longer supporting 'reefer madness.'

The news could have been very negative and tried to report some false statements about marijuana.

If we look for negative..that is what we will find.
    If we look for positive..that is what we will find.
    If we, simply look..we may find; nothing negative or positive
    Simply, enlightenment!

10. "I can't even get medibles!"
    Now, that is tragic!!! Which planet might that be?
    Sure sorry to hear that. The medibles are the cats meow!

Yeh, the amazing thing is: the parents, apparently didn't even get a slap! And not one word from or to the "supplying" childs, parents. If it were some parents I've known, I am shocked, they are not on the TV protesting or something. I am not sure if, it would have been on the news, IF it had been a different drug. I am not sure, if I've heard that one. :rolleyes: Surely, it must happen?

There maybe a new industry 'sprouting' here::D Safe, in-home, medicinal cabinets with locks. Yet, In Style. With a non-locking area, for toothbrushes and band-aids.

IF we had legal mmj, in every state: The burden of giving MMJ to children or any patient; should then move to Pediatricians, Primary M.D.'s: Instead of 'care-givers' that are great growers! :p Imagine, supplying Ely Lilli with bud? Imagine Big Pharma using bud for real studies! :yay:

ret

11. We arent really sure how safe, certainly not very safe being smoked. Its being rushed to use as medicine because it does have its uses; however, we dont really know if there are negative effects. Though I am sure the people here could fill at least a few pages with some of the negative effects of cannabis.

12. We aren't sure for certain, but we are certain that its safer than most if not all pharma drugs.
    I could fill in some negatives, then again I never said smoking is the only way to use it as medicine.
    Negatives? Potential lung irritation by combusted plant matter, coughing, potential allergic reaction, potentiol to aid in psychotic episode of shizophrenics with or without previous diagnoses, dry eyes with certain strains, dry mouth, possibility of laced herb, possibility of mold which is bad for lungs, possibility of overall unsanitary herb, Overdose (non fatal of course) causing the body to reject high amounts by purging. That's pretty much it health wise.
    All other studies so far can't prove any negatives other han probable links and really badly studied maybes.

13. Exactly, a lot of people are coming off as very arrogant and douchey in this thread. Kids are getting sick from taking a drug, it's not like the kid with the brownie was like "relax teach, it's just .8g of some jack herrer, of course an ambulance is going to be called. The kids probably didn't even relate the feeling to the brownie they ate untill later, it could have been an outbreak of a airborne pathogen or something.

Jeez, you people acting like it was an overreaction must not have kids.

14. Im saying its not like the kids said "we ate pot brownies", the teachers probably didnt realize they kids have been given marijuana until after the fact. As other people stated, this COULD have been blown way out of proportion, ammo for anti MMJ, but calling an ambulance because you have sick kids, from MJ or not, is not overboard.

15. Thanks for this post I didn't even know what a ayahuasca experience was prior to reading this. Have you done yourself?

16. I wish. That sort of shit is hard to find where I live. The closes I have come is some other unmentionables (fungi) and it's an experience I recommend everyone go through at a young age to help shape their view of the world.

The world would be a better place if we all had to go through these sorts of psychedelic experiences in the earlier stages of our development.

But if I every come across some Ayahuasca, I will take it immediately.

17. Dude... no.
    Early stages aren't the time to experience that realm.
    Its only when you are aware of unawareness that you are ready and that usually is about the late teens.
    Kids shouldn't use mj recreationally cause they dont know what the fuck they're doing, especially any around 13 and below.
    Fucking dude, man.

18. My bf had a bad experience with -bleep- at a young age and it really fucked him over.. Can't believe people think this should be something for kids to get into.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to have sex, drink, go to clubs, and anything else that is age restricted for OBVIOUS reasons. Plus how do we know none of these kids had preexisting conditions that could have been triggered by the edible? That would explain why some of them felt sick (more like panicked and confused about what is inside their bodies and whether or not it will harm them.)

19. Taking a substance doesn't make you a better person. There are people who get high and do psychedelics and still do fucked up things.

20. Anyone who thinks that this is no big deal has to seriously rethink shit. I have had friends in highschool and college that became incapacitated and vomiting from weed brownies.

Jesus christ, above all else it is a stupid waste of time, and likely damaging to the children.