Childhood Happiness?

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedasmoke, Dec 22, 2012.

1. So my question is..

Why doesn't childhood happiness transfer into adulthood?

I can remember as most people can, when I was a child, there was a genuine feeling of happiness at almost all times...

Even when something goes wrong, children might cry for a little but they go right back to being very happy and content with their life..

Now as a young adult, I would say by world standards my life is great.. house, food, family, health.. all that.

But I would be lying if I said I was happy..

I feel like I would have to create my own happiness.. and that's not an easy thing to do..

So at some point in my life I went from being genuinely happy to not..

I struggle with this question..
    What truly makes people happy?
    And why does that childhood happiness not transfer over?

2. No responsibilities back then and also u werent aware of how fucked up the world is

3. Life was better as a kid, no doubt. When someone becomes an adult all the responsibility is on you, i didn't have to worry about that as a kid.

Still there's good times as a grown up.

4. you were happy as a child because everything was so unique and interesting. now, out in the "real world" with tons of responsibilities and a general repetition of the same life patterns on a daily basis, you came to realize our society isn't so fun or interesting. it's merely destructive towards individuality and you become part of the system

5. You just have to look on the bright side and be happy your life is as good as it is. The key to happiness is to count your blessings, certain things in life just can't be controlled. I went from being extremely depressed most of the time to being almost always happy all the time, just because things aren't great now doesn't mean there aren't things worth living for. Life is full of moments you don't want to go through, but the rare opportunities you can enjoy make everything worthwhile. You're probably depressed because you over-think things WAY too much, just live your life with the least amount of bullshit possible. Just put up with the rough times, get through them, and enjoy yourself. Any day could be your last, so don't waste it. Sometimes you can't over-think life, light one up by yourself or with friends, play some music, and just feel good about all the things that are right instead of wrong. Most of peoples worries are way too exaggerated.

6. I'm happier now than I was as a child. I've worked hard for a better life, but more importantly, I've developed a better mindset. Yes, I know it's cliche, but it's true. You have to make yourself happy. You have to see the good in your life, without that, you can have every material item in the world, and still be depressed.

Many people as they become teenagers or young adults, they go from a world of bliss to being thrown into real life, and the transition is bound to be tough. They are less sheltered and forced to have responsibilities, and worry about supporting themselves. It's quite a jump from a 'normal' childhood. When your life changes, it's easy for your mentality to change as well.

7. Am I the only one who really wasn't all that happy as a child?

Now, as an adult, I'm somewhere between nihilism and apathy.

8. Because a child is innocent. It has no understand of the world. They don't have to worry about anything. Their feelings towards aren't as strong. People are almost always nice to them.

But yea. I was deffinitly happier when I was like 12 opposed to 18

9. I guess because when we were kids there was literally nothing to worry about. At least in a fairly normal household anyway.
    Nearly everything was done for us. There was no stress. No big responsibilities. No relationship bullshit. No jealousy. No social networking shit.
    All we knew was what was going on in our lives. Money meant nothing to us.

Everything was just so innocent..

And then as we get older we slowly start to realize the reality of it all.. It' not so great after all

damn i'm high :smoke:

10. When I was a boyyyyyyyy everything was riiight

11. She said, "I know what it's like to be dead."