Child support

Discussion in 'General' started by SavageLac704, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Interesting new development. Turns out i have a 2 year old that was fathered by someone else, 600 miles away. The mother moved back to my state and now says that DSS wants child support for her to continue getting state benefits.

What gets me tho is that this guy knows hes not the biological parent but still claims the kid as his own. Even though they broke up, she still plans on letting the kid visit him for months at a time.

I dont even know what to think. Im suprised, to say the least. Can they even go after me for anything? Even if another man claimed this kid since he was born, as his own child.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Dna testing? Who is the father on the birth certificate? He should be the one paying child support if he has been raising the child since birth. Sorry youre going through this. Shitty situation to be in.

3. usually the man loses in court on these situations....

• Like Like x 3
  4. She told me that she left the birth certificate blank. Fact remains though that this woman left with another man and he willingly raised the child. Just seems so wrong to come out nowhere and put this on me.

5. If it were me, i would contact a lawyer to weigh my options.

• Like Like x 1
  6. There have been cases where even when it's proved the husband isn't the father he's been ordered to pay child support. And sometimes it isn't even the woman pressing for it, the state does when she applies for aid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Get a DNA test probably isn't even yours, she sounds like a hoe if she didn't tell you 2 years ago

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah if the state comes knockin on my door, ill request a DNA test. I wont sign a damn thing til then.

The kid wasnt even born in this state either. Why would my state even want to pursue all this.

And yeah shes a hoe. Pretty much why i left her in the dust almost 3 years ago. She even told me shes pregnant AGAIN with someone elses kid that she has only been with for a month.

None of this seems right. I have no relationship whatsoever with this child. They should go after the man who does and who housed him and raised him

• Agree Agree x 2

9. Urgh she sounds like one of them chicks that always needs to have a boyfriend & is never single more then a month

10. She is one of those people. She lacks character and is pretty much scum of the earth. She lies alot and about trivial things mostly. She lies about how good she has it in life. Just an all around piece of shit.

11. If you left her 3 years ago, it was 3 months after you left that she got pregnant!?

:smoke:

12. They cant possibly put me on child support with how this all looks. I wouldnt put it past the government though to f me in the ass on this one.

13. I'd jump towns if they try & make you pay up, fuck that shit dude

• Like Like x 1
  14. That was just a ball park number. Shes confident the kid is mine and is willing to go for dna testing. Doesnt change the fact, that she moved 600 miles away for another man to take in the kid as her own for the first 2 years of his life.

15. All I got to say about this is children are a gift and not a paycheck for someone. It's absolutely disgusting that she wouldn't tell you that you had a child until now.

If it were me I would get a dna test and if it felt it turns out to be your be the best father to can be. Heave a relationship with your son, no child should grow up without a father and you can always go to court and make your demands regarding your child if it is yours.

I'm sorry this is happening to you but she seems like a horrible parent and maybe you should step up if it's yours and give him the life he deserves.

Peace and good luck bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I wouldnt mind normally, cause i have 3 kids already that i take care of, so parenting isnt an issue. Its just that i dont know this child and he already established a relationship with the "presumed father". Just seems rather confusing to the kid, especially if the guy still wants to be involved with him.

This is really messed up. I feel sorry for the kid..

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Yeah bro that's horrible, i get what you're saying and you seem like a stand up guy. I'm sure what ever happens you'll do the right thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Preciate it bra. Ill do what i gotta do i guess. Thats what we all do, right? Lol

19. Absolutely man. All the best. Smoke one and try not to stress over it

20. In texas u have file for child support to receive certine benifits

But yea the guy always gets fucked now days exspecially thanks to the me too movement
    Sadly, might be best to find a pitbull attorney that can nip this in the bud