Chickens

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Gardy Gardinia, Jan 19, 2013.

1. So chickens will just live off of a big enough pecking ground? I hear they aren't supposed to eat the meal normal chickens are fed.

2. oh my god. when i was about 15 or 16 i wanted one so badddd. i never did end up getting one, but i spent so much time researching how to raise chickens that if i got one now i could be like, the chicken whisperer.

3. [quote name='"SniperKitty"']So chickens will just live off of a big enough pecking ground? I hear they aren't supposed to eat the meal normal chickens are fed.[/quote]

I feed mine all sorts of things.. From table scraps to bird seed. Their fav was sweet corn... but we do free range so they were eating all sorts of thing.. Frogs, mice, insects & greens.

4. [quote name='"DankKitty"']oh my god. when i was about 15 or 16 i wanted one so badddd. i never did end up getting one, but i spent so much time researching how to raise chickens that if i got one now i could be like, the chicken whisperer.[/quote]

Our last girl died last year. I miss them.. We have too many foxes right now.. So I'm going to hold off.. they are great gardener buddies . I'd be out pulling weeds & they'd come hang.. I'd feed them all the grubs I came across. I'm gonna miss them more this summer.. I fear they will be eaten tho. Just taking a break. Hopefully you'll get to experience your own.