Chicken

Discussion in 'General' started by Sublime, Oct 22, 2016.

1. First, I'd like to say that I've always been more of a beef guy myself. Don't get me wrong, I love chicken too, but beef is so much better.

But, ever since I've found out about the greatness that is BBQ sauce, I have to say it boosted chicken right up there with beef for me. Maybe beef and BBQ will raise beef back to the top.

Sorry if this thread is too random, but I thought it was different. maybe you can relate in some way.

2. I prefer fish

• Like Like x 1
  3. I love me some fish too, but it's just not something I get as often as beef or chicken.

4. Now that the fall months have arrived I can load my freezer up with trout and redfish. But when I'm too busy at work in the summer to fish I eat a lot of turkey and I buy whole rotisserie chickens.

I feed my cats chicken as well for breakfast and dinner and always have dry food available to supplement their other needs. They also love deli turkey. They don't like beef. And it's for good reason.

5. What's wrong with beef? I love fish too and chicken, I don't discriminate any meat, all meat is good! Deer meat, lamb meat, turkey meat, all of it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. There's nothing wrong with beef, it's the insane amount of hormones and supplements pumped into the cows because they aren't being raised properly or healthily.

Watch a food documentary if you dare.

They cut holes in the side of cows so that they can feed them corn. But cows can't digest corn so they remove the undigestable material from inside the cow, via a hole in its side.

If you'd like to fill your body with the flesh of those cows be my guest. Cause after all, we literally are composed of just what we consume.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I love chicken. I love BBQ chicken.

• Like Like x 3
  8. All depends on how the chicken and beef are both cooked. If it's a slow smoked for 8 hours beef brisket over chicken on the grill. I'm more inclined to the brisket.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Mmmm brisket sounds great right about now

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_3937.JPG
    These chickens with the long necks taste the best maybe even best kind of meat ever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that swan or a goose? In the UK only the queen is allowed to eat swan.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It's both at the same time.

13. Goose. West Coast doesn't have BBQ tradition so our Chinese BBQ has to make up for it and the goose is king.

I've sadly never had good brisket.

14. Chicken is nowhere near as tasty as beef.
    Chicken always needs a sauce or seasoning, rare steaks, for me, never need seasoning or sauce.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's true cows are fed thru a hole and the indigestible material does come out a hole but those holes are opposite ends of the cow and it's born with them.

But you guys are missing out on some good BBQ pork. Chicken and beef are great but if I'm choosing, I'm choosing pork.

16. If it doesn't come in dinosaur nuggets I don't trust that "mechanically separated" business.

Don't ruin a childhood that banquet made great so TV could be successful. I need hope for that dessert cup to be apple strudel.

Back to topic; orange chicken is the winner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 Tonika, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    nice man I love BBQ chicken as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I love red meat but dabble in some chicks here and there ye Kno? Grass fed farm raised happy cows though..

I made some barbecued jerk chicken a couple weeks ago and it was delish

IMG_6518.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ya beef is good ,venison is best