Chicken poop?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KittyInACup619, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Just got some chicken manure. A friend told me it should help with nitrogen deficiencies. It's just some shit in a bucket right now, and I've no more soil to mix it in with. How can I give my plants this chicken crap? Mix it in with water?

2. No. Chicken shit will burn the fuck up out of your plants. Compost it first. At the very least, fill about 1/4 or 1/3 of a 5-gallon bucket w/ some of it, add water, let stand for a day or two...strain it, take THAT water and dilute it 2x - to each gallon add another gallon, then add just a little (maybe a pint or a quart or so, depending how bit the plant and container) to the soil on just one or two plants - that way, if it's still too strong, you risk only those two. Water as normal, watch for about a week...if it does good, do the others. If the test ones DO start to show nitrogen burn, then flush the soil right away, to remove the excess. If you don't know how to flush the soil, there's some really good threads here on it.