chicken manure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 70s, May 31, 2010.

1. hey was just wondering if the product called "chickety-doo-doo" causes burning easily. its labeled at organic and the npk ratio is 5-3.5-2 i believe. ive read that its easy to burn and was wondering if this was true. also, would anyone suggest using this in an aerated compost tea? thanks:wave:

2. Ya its ok.
    I dont know how it could possibly burn
    with low numbers like that.

:smoking:

3. Chicken manure can run hot. If you can, you should water your soil and let it "cook" for at least a week, relatively longer. This step really evens out your soil, and you don't have to worry about nuking them with your poop, blood meal, or guano.

As far as teas, I have always heard that you want to keep animal manures out of them, as they can introduce bacteria colonies that you don't want. But that was aimed more at cow and sheep, not 100% on the chicken. Is the product you're looking at a compost type mix (big bag, and damp), or is it dried and powdered? If powdered, I would go for it, but if it's still chunky looking then I would keep it out.

4. thanks for the reply. the kind i added to the soil was in pellet form and thanks for making it clear to let it sit wet for a week because thats exactly what i have done:) also i have another bag of the same brand in powder form so i guess i will add that to the tea. i will be using EWC, bat guano, and chicken guano to the tea. as well as unsulfered black strap molasses and some kelp extract. was also considering adding a cup or so off compost containing lobster and muscle extracts as well as blueberry extract. would this be ok?

thanks for the replys guys:wave::smoking:

5. Sounds like you've got your shit together nicely. I really don't know about the Blueberry extract, but everything else will have you set up for a very biologically diverse tea, and a good soil.

6. I have the same chicken shit going and its nice stuff 33lb shit per 100 gallons of mix water it and let stand two weeks im on day 9 and she is over 100 deg now.PUMP alot of air to your tea and try to keep the temps around 75 to worm and the tea will implode on you .

7. thanks for the tips man, will do

8. Temperature. The very reason I added an aquarium heater element to my AACT brewer. There's no way Oregon spring weather would get five gallons of liquid up to 70-75.