Chicago Public Transport

Discussion in 'General' started by missDaisy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I'm about to take the Metra (train) from the suburbs into Chicago, then a bus to school to see the admissions rep.

I've rarely EVER taken public transport, and I've definitely never had a go at it alone.
    Why am I so freaked out?? Pretty sure it has something to do with not being with my car or something. I don't know. wtf.

2. Relax I used to do that all the time

3. But once I'm on the train like, I can't get out you know? Ah. Anxiety.

4. There's going to be at least one guy jerking off, you might as well be that guy. Relax a little before your appointment.

5. lol gross. I just feel like I'm going to get lost in Union station.

6. Dont worry man Chicago's public transport isnt that bad. There will be way more timid, meek, and scared people on board than yourself.

You'll get used to it fast. Not to mention almost every time i used Chicago Public transport there were attractive chicks getting on and off all day.

edit: oh wait you're most likely an attractive chick nevermind, yeah get a small knife hun.:wave:

7. I stay strapped...with a swiss army knife anyway.
    It's not that I'm scared of other people, I'm nervous about finding my way lol.

8. Take the el train...The bus is a way crazier scene....Love the CTA, I always have a beer or a drink when I'm on the train....

9. used the subway and cabs all the time in nyc, chicago cant be much worse.

10. Eep. Bout to leave. Wish me luck. I reupped my Hobo Stab Insurance yesterday, so I'm worth something at least.

11. Lol good luck, you'll find it.

12. have fun don't get MRSA

13. My stomach always get fucked up when I know I'm going to have to be taking trains or buses that I am not accustomed to the stops. Missing your stop, going the wrong way, etc can be rather stressful.

14. just be thankful you arent in japan taking a train. Shits crazy out there. :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ3g_wv8H0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ3g_wv8H0[/ame]

15. If you can't handle public transportation you probably shouldn't leave the house.....That vid looks like the subway in chicago around rush hour.

16. I use public transport all the time, you get used to it..don't worry too much things will go smoothly.

When i first started using public transport everything went really smoothly, but then I got used to it and it seemed like things didn't go as smoothly haha

17. Is the OP dead?

18. Maybe....She left on here public transportation adventure already according to her posts....

19. I'm not dead. That was exhausting, but kind of fun. I made it there okay, but on the way back, I took what I guess was the wrong bus and asked how to get to Union Station and the bus driver was a rudeass motherfkr. It's not like anyone else was on the bus! So I got off at the next stop and walked around til I found it. The train ride home, I was so tired.

It was pretty alright, except at the bus stop, I got asked for cigarettes and money about 5 times. I was like ehh no. Sorry.

20. Been to chicago a few times. One dude in a suit started asking me for money. Told him to back off and go sell the suit and ring he had on :laughing: And my dad almost got pickpocketd but noticed like mid snatch lol. Detroit you wouldnt even hear it coming hahaha just wake up with a bloody nose and no wallet :( in the good parts its not a bad city (Detroit)

pepper spray would be easier to use in the heat of the moment. finding the swiss army knfie, then opening it would take a second ;):smoke: