Chicago Ordered to Hire 111 Black Firefighters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 15, 2011.

1. The back pay is what pisses me off. That literally makes no sense.

2. Did I just agree with Dronetek?
    [​IMG]

3. I know, right?

4. My reaction exactly

5. Heres one thing I may agree with dronetek on

6. lets hear it for d-tek's populist movement :hello::hello:

7. "The Civil Rights Act of 1964 not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business's workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge's defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife."

8. When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you'll never get any complaints from Paul.

9. this type of racial discrimination is nothing new, and occurs all over the country all the time. just recently my local PD introduced a required demographic of whom they must arrest. apparently they were arresting too many black guys, so now they must pick up a roughly equal amount of white guys. i'm sure this happens in so many more places.

10. I'm having a really hard time deciding how I feel about this, but he does have a point. It's certainly not a stance that will help his presidential hopes, though.

I looked up the rest of the speech for context:

11. Yes it does.

Black Sgts. on the PD have sent out orders before to their officers to lock up only white people. He's sick of seeing black people being locked up.

Heard this from one of my buddies working in 23.

12. I was actually offered a free ride at a an historic black college on some affirmative action shit. I would've gotten minority scholarships for being white and the federal grants that would've went with it would've easily covered everything twice.

I don't know if this relates to anything here though.

13. Whitexican, and racism is just as abhorrent this way as ANY OTHER WAY. There is no "reverse racism," just as there is no "forward racism." Racism is racism, when you're lowering the bar just so some people of a certain skin color can get in THAT'S FUCKING RACISM!! I don't give half a fuck what race the firefighters are, if they're the best of the best why in the goddamned hell would it matter??

Affirmative action = racism for racists.

14. I agree with Drone.

*beam of sunlight draws from porch window*