Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chicago Bud Roadtrip Q's- Help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sonoran, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Sup GC

First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not looking for a hookup, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed in the forums, so I'm covering my ass. I'm just looking for some advice.

My friend and I have a little bit of a dilemma that I was wondering if you guys could help with. On Thursday we'll be making a day-trip to Chicago to eat some pizza at Primo's and to go buy some shit from this smoke shop up near Belmont and Clark. We plan on buying a few things and we were HOPING to find some really dank bud since all the shit around here isn't that great.

My questions:

Is there any safe way to organize a pick up online? If so, how? If not, how does one go about finding bud within a few hours in a city where you don't know anyone? If you're looking for bud anywhere, I'd say that Belmont and Clark isn't an unexpected place to ask. There's a lot of smoke shops around there. I've read all the threads I can find and the guides, but I can't really go around telling random people that parking meters are "dank."

Also, if we don't find any bud, would we have any problems if we got pulled over with the paraphernalia in the car? We're planning on buying at least one grinder, a pipe, a bong, and maybe some other stuff if anyone around here needs anything. If all the pieces are clean and never been used, would we run into any trouble?

Any help with any of my questions is really hugely appreciated.

2. If you haven't used any paraphernalia then it is legal.

3. Not smart to try and find bud online... smh

If all the pieces are clean and new, then no you won't have any problems. They are used for tobacco..

4. What Colbini said is correct, if the pipes were smoked out of and you were pulled over they would have to test the residue for marijuana and if it were positive THEN you would get the paraphernalia charge. the consequences varies from state to state.

5. Just bring bud with you.

6. thanks guys, that's what I though but I just wanted to be sure.

We're planning on smoking on the way up there, but all the bud we can find around here are like...high mids at the most. We're not looking to take enough back to deal, just for us.

7. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I've found green on Craigslist before. Just search 420 under the personals.

8. I thought about doing that. I thought that maybe with the sheer mass of people in Chicago, cops wouldn't bother even going near craigslist, but I was afraid of sketchy dealers. I guess we could try that as a last resort. Thanks for the help.

Anyone else? Tips on finding bud from Chicago natives or just tips on finding bud really quickly?

9. I would just ask people around the Belmont area, there are a lot of potheads there because of all the headshops. This should be obvious, but DO NOT ASK ANYONE IN A HEADSHOP. There aren't going to be any dealers there, and you'll get kicked out immediately.

10. If you drive north to Rogers Park, bud's pretty easy to find. Especially around the Loyola campus. It's pretty safe to just go around asking random students.

But yeah, the headshops down there are pretty nice. A few weeks ago I bought 2 bongs and got a 25% "shitty weather discount" which is pretty amazing. :)

11. dont go asking around at belmont and clark, or anywhere in this city really. theres alot of headshops at belmont and clark but theres alot of police activity too. i watched 3 kids walking down the street get arrested from my friends apartment window. honestly come get your paraph and then go home and smoke. the bud here is mediocre anyway, unless you know the right people of course. you dont wanna get ripped off by some hustler with little .3 bags, and you definitely dont want ask an undercover (there around there)

12. I figured that straight asking in a headshop would be dumb, they probably value their job more than being nice and finding a random stranger bud. A friend of ours suggested asking if the owner minded if we stuck around while we "made a few calls" and let him overhear us looking for bud to no avail.

Does anyone think this might work or is this idea just dumb, too?

13. I guess I got inspired by the Dank of Chicago threads. What we have around here is nothing near that stuff.

I'm just posting to bump this. We're leaving tomorrow and we could really use some tips. Any help is appreciated.

14. I've learned that finding a good hookup is all about social networking. You can easily find a street dealer in Chicago, but there's no guarantee how good the bud is. How much are you looking to pick up, anyway?

15. if your coming to chicago be careful because the cops here are fucking a-holes. be very sneaky dude.

16. I figured that would be the issue. We're looking to buy up to a quarter if the bud was real good.

I'm real leery about trying out craigslist, it just gives me a bad vibe. It's looking like we might not be scoring any bud on this trip.

17. What headshop are you going to?

I recommend Novelties and Stuff(I've bought 3 things from them for really good prices):D
    Make sure you haggle because they will ALWAYS go lower(Something was marked at $275 and I got it for $125). I feel Secrets is overpriced, and Burneys(Secrets sister store) is a little better priced but not by much..

18. We were planning on going to Pipes and Stuff, but we're not tied to it for any reason. It's just the first place that was recommended to us and we've been there a couple times. They never want to haggle, but every time we've gone they've offered us some kind of discount. But we'll forsure check out Novelties.

People have recommended Secrets before, but the one time i went in there they weren't too helpful.

19. to be honest man you probably wont find anything extremely good on the street there is amazing bud in Chicago and in the suburbs but in my experience it takes a bit of time to find it

20. Pipes and Stuff is Novelties "sister shop"... :D Good luck with your journey