Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chewing Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Nickkycubba, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hey GC! I've been somewhat interested in the idea of a way to use Marijuana the ways you use chewing tobacco. I've heard from some people that if you grind it up and pack it in your lip, and swallow the spit you will become somewhat high. Now instead of trying to post a question and not being able to know results for certain, I am deciding I will try it. I have a quarter I got for $50 of some goods and I am going to use about .5 and pack it into my lip grounded up. Before anyone goes ranting about how it is a waist it's only .5 and I'm really not to concerned about it. I know that soaking the weed in lipids is the best way to get the THC to absorb out of the bud, but I want to do this test. Anyone else ever consider trying to find a way to "chew" weed?

P.S. Don't bother with pointless comments of "You're stupid" or anything negative. I don't care and I am doing this for the sole purpose of knowing if it works and what kind of effects you can expect to see.

2. thats hilarious, im going to have to say this one is a myth.

3. I knew this one kid that would get the stems and put it into his gum and chew the stems with gum. Ive tried it a couple times. It mainly just leaves a sorta pine taste in your mouth. I wouldn't say I get high from it.

I'm pretty sure chewing on weed doesn't do anything. Because its fat soluble not saliva(water) soluble. Thats the way I see it, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. I meant more or less along the lines of "chewing" it like you would a Grizzly Long Cut tin. Not actually chewing then swallowing the bud. But seeing that there are enzymes in saliva that break down materials it could be possible that you could feel some effects from it. I will post results when I have them.

5. I have heard one kid say it works and 5 others say it didnt. Tell me the outcome plz . :)

6. you can know if it works with out testing it....it doesnt.

you would have to ingest more "raw" weed than you could to get high.

7. Well you are trying to get weed to do what dipping tobacco does but before anything you needto understand that dip makes little cuts in your gums so the juices can get into your bloodstream easier. With weed its just a ground up plant that has oils that will only rub off into the inside of your mouth and might soak into your gums. It may give some effect but it's highly unlikely for it to give you any form of decent buzz.

But even so I say go for it man and let us know how it turns out.

8. Step 1: Make bacon
    Step 2: take cooked bacon of pan
    step 3: add an eigth ounce of middies to the fat
    ztep 4: cook for 3 and a half minutes
    step 5: Buy some chewing tobacco
    Step 6: Get a bowl and mix that shit
    step 7: let it harden
    step 8: use like normal chewing tobacco

thats what my cousin said and it doesnt taste too bad n gits u baked

9. Me and my friend couldnt smoke one night so we tried just "dipping" the weed like coppenhagen. My friend was like "ahhhh I'm so blown" but I didnt feel a thing so it was most likely just a placebo effect. Tell us how it goes, good luck:wave:

10. #11 Sweetleaftoker, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
    Your stupid. And dumb

name calling and or disrespect is not tolerated here.
    do yourself a favor and read the rules...

Slinger

11. #12 BlowingOs, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
    Youre retarded. You realize you cant get high of eating weed that isnt baked? Who would want to chew weed? What are you a fucking goat?

As I said above this isnt tolerated..
    Keep ur opinion to yourself when you have nothing nice to say.
    Slinger

12. No. Unless you have super hot fat stored in your lip to release all the thc.
    if you eat pot, you barely get high because it just burns away when it hits your stomach. hence why they have edibles. otherwise, there would be no need for edibles.. and we would just eat pot.

13. it's just an idea people no need to be so harsh

14. yeah, I'm pretty sure the rules say something about not flaming people.

15. That seems like it may work as long as you turned down the temp before adding the bud and cooked it at low heat for a while. I would go way longer than a few minutes though.

16. oh man, I love bacon. . .but that sounds disgusting! lol!!!:eek:

17. Chewing tabacco only works because theres little pieces of fiberglass that cut your lip and allow the nicotine and other chemicals in tobacco to enter your blood stream. theorettically, if you had the right blend of marijuana and fiberglass, amongst other materials, you could be extremely high from "chewing marijuana"

18. completely false. sublingual membranes are amongst the most bioavailable receptors for psychoactives; no fiberglass required.

Edit: The reason nobody chews marijuana is because THC-A is not THC. AKA THC must be decarbed (heated) in order to be psychoactive. Simple google search could have explained this.

19. Nicotine and many chemicals (natural, and otherwise) in tobacco, can easily be transdermally and orally absorbed... that's how chew functions, the fiberglass isn't really quite as necessary as they claim.. while they do claim it's primarily for 'easier penetration', and it can help, in reality it's valued even more in the tobacco industry as an incredibly cheap filler, to increase weight.. even a little added weight over the course of thousands and thousands of pounds, can save them a lot of money.

The easy skin/cell penetration and absorption of nicotine, is why the gum and nicotine patches work so well, and why a baby eating a few cigarette butts can become poisoned.
    Even e-cigarette juices containing nicotine can potentially poison you, if you happen to have a particularly strong bottle spilled on your skin, and you don't immediately wash it off as fast as possible.

Why this concept doesn't work with cannabis EVEN after it has been activated:

Cannabis glandular material, and the cannabinoids it contains, are quite different from nicotine.. that glandular material is not considered water soluble, and it is not readily transdermally accessible by the body.. even when you eat it (as-is), or if you were to apply it to an open wound, it wouldn't do much beyond following your tract to the 'exit, and on the skin it can remain on the surface for several hours with virtually no absorption.

Even if you covered your entire body in ounces of pure, active hash or concentrate, you still wouldn't be able to absorb it at a fast enough rate, to provide you with much, or any sensation.

It can however be useful for treating and sealing wounds, where cannabis glandular material doesn't absorb very readily all on its own, and where it has powerful anti-bacterial properties, and it contains phytochemical oils which are useful for tissue regeneration and repair.

Anyhow...

Our difficulty with the absorption of 'raw' or underprocessed cannabis glandular material, is why we spend the time making oils and tinctures.... by using 'edible solvents' or carriers and absorptive vehicles, rather than just eating raw (or activated) cannabis and hash, we can absorb many, many times the active material in just a matter of minutes, rather than sending most of our potency 'in one end, and out the other' without absorption!
    When we try to consume it incorrectly, or without the right processing, we can only absorb precious little of the actual potency it contains.

If you want to feel anything from a reasonable amount of material, that glandular material requires activation, and it needs to be infused into and carried in a bioavailable solution.

In the case of a canna chew, a glycerin based method is perfect!

Here's an old recipe of mine, that as a bonus, can easily be converted to a canna hookah shisha. :)

Tutorial for:

-Strawberry Mango & Peach, ~Canna Shisha~ 'Dip' or 'Chew'-

[​IMG]

This is for a small batch of between 6 - 12 doses, for those with an average tolerance.

The below amount may make more doses, for those who don't smoke often, or fewer doses for those who smoke several grams every day.

If you enjoy it the first time, or want to take the 'plunge' with your first try, it's actually a bit easier, and more sensible to make larger batches, if you have the herb to spare.

Just multiply the recipe!

---------------------

'Dip' means it's already pulverized and usually a bit more moist, and 'chew' means you'd have to chew it slightly to create the wad, chew can also be a little more dry... technically we're making a kind of 'dip', but many folks use the terms interchangeably.

You will need;

- 3 grams of cannabis (in the end, divide into the desired portions)

- 3 grams EACH strawberry, mango, and peach, or 9g of your favorite fruit, give or take a gram... if making shisha, use between 1 and 2 grams each, or 6g total wet fruit.

- 1 mint leaf (you'll barely taste it.. use more or less if you like)

- 1 & 1/2 - 2 tsp glycerin, + an additional tsp ('extra' can be needed later on).

- 1/2 - 1 tsp molasses or invert sugar

*** - Lastly, and ONLY for edible/chew, NOT for shisha or vape material:

-1/3 tsp lecithin.. bear in mind that such added fats, should not be vaped or smoked!

I suggest making your first sample batch WITHOUT lecithin, just in case you decide to switch to using a vape, or a hookah. If you decide you like it as dip/chew/ or for eating in general, then try a pinch of lecithin in the following batch. [​IMG]

---------------------

Making the dip...

- Decarb your herb as described here. A small ceramic or pyrex dish, similar to those used for the hash on page one of the above link, may be used.

- Blend
    with roughly 1 & 1/2 - 2 tsp of pre-heated glycerin, and 1/3 tsp lecithin if desired. You want your herb thoroughly coated, maybe sitting in a small puddle, but not floating.

- Add extra half teaspoon *only if needed to thoroughly coat.

Here's where the glycerin to herb ratio *can vary (skip if explanation isn't needed):

The frostier, and more resinous or crystally the herb, then the less 'lighter but larger' inert plant matter there is, taking up space and weight.

The more frosty and resinous the bud, the 'smaller', denser, or less-expanded the total material is per unit of weight, and the less glycerin you will need, to very lightly saturate the material!If you're working with virtually gland-less herb, or 'worse' if it's just leaf, then more glycerin will be needed, because a gram of leaf will usually take up more space, than for instance a gram of super-frosty bud, or sifted hash!!!

---------------------

- Wrap your dish containing your herb, glycerin and lecithin tightly in foil.

- Place in your pre-heated oven at 190 f for 4 total hours, allowing it to cool at the HALF-WAY point before opening, mixing and pressing the mixture with the back of a spoon, then re-seal and finish heating. You may wish to add a half teaspoon of glycerin, as it absorbs into the herb as it heats, making it more appear 'dry' externally.
    Or, if you'd like to ensure that you're breaking down the glandular material, freeze for at least two - four hours to ensure disruption of cellular integrity within the glandular heads and to disrupt the spaces between the individual cannabinoids, before completing the final heating.

If you don't plan to use your material immediately, or if it will sit for several days to a week or more, to continue loosening up before adding to the rest of the ingredients, then freezing is not as necessary.

The above steps for heating and breaking down your glandular material, are crucial, if you want to actually absorb many cannabinoids!

- Once you've finished heating your herb, lecithin and glycerin, set it aside and begin preparing your fruit.

---------------------

Preparing the fruit;

- Slice and dice your fruit finely, and separately (do not blend them!), on a marble, or other non-wood cutting board. Set the individual piles in a baking sheet, that has a rim, and spread the piles thinly, always keeping them separate, and never allowing them to touch. Keep at least a few inches in between.

- Keeping the fruit separate during this stage will prevent you from getting a 'muddled, nonsensical-fruit flavor'.. you will be able to identify one flavor in one moment, another at the next, and you'll be able to better distinguish all three at once, as they blend in your mouth (or in your hookah)!

- Cover entirely with a clean towel, but don't let it touch the fruit!

- Secure all four edges with separate pieces of twine if the towel is small, and it covers just the rim of the pan or sheet. Otherwise, wrap around the pan using a single length of twine if the towel is large enough, and folds over enough to do so.

- Place outside in a breezy location in the sun, OR, if that doesn't seem appealing to you for whatever reason (it's understandable), you may use the lowest setting in your oven, about 170 f usually, without the fear of burning your towel... just don't allow it to touch the heating element itself!
    Keep the oven slightly ajar, by placing a potholder in the cracked opening just above the oven door handle.

(Your towel should seem perfectly fine and unharmed after such use, but in the long-run, especially if this is repeated regularly, it may take a year or two off its 'life'... so don't use grandma's favorite tea cloth [​IMG] ).

We prefer using the sun and air, because with the slightly lower temperature, the fruit retains more terpenes, phytochemicals, and ultimately more flavor!

The towel will protect your fruit from debris, and a windy spot out in the open will not only help dry, but it will also deter insects (and they shouldn't be able to penetrate your towel, anyhow).

- Drying may take an hour, or up to six or seven hours depending on the conditions you are drying under, and depending how thinly you spread your pulverized fruit; the oven should finish quicker, but again, it is at the cost of the flavor of your fruit and its terpene content.

---------------------

- Once it is reasonably dried out, and the fruit puddles can be just about 'peeled' from the pan, slice them up again on a cutting board.

- Combine your diced, dried fruit, with your glycerin soaked herb, and your inverted sugar or molasses for extra moisture, texture and consistency.

Molasses specifically, is used for flavor! But you are using specifically molasses, inverted sugars, or syrups, because they are more stable and less likely to crystallize. Many fruit and plant syrups also contain glucose. Invert sugar usually has a more-firm texture.

(You can even make your own invert, or inverted sugar, as a source of stable glucose which won't easily crystallize, by using a cup of sugar, a 1/3 cup of water, and a pinch or 1/4 tsp tartaric or citric *acid as a catalyst (*unnecessary, but for the inexperienced candy maker, it is very useful), slowly heating the mix over a medium setting on your burner, without stirring, until 236 f is achieved... if not using an acid, then once that temp is achieved, lower and adjust the burner setting, remove the pot from the heat if you must, and hover around but never over 236 f, for at least five minutes. Once removed from heat, and cooled, the syrup should have produced enough glucose to function well! Any extra that you don't use for this recipe, can be jarred up and kept in your cupboard for 3 - 6 months!)

- If it seems almost too dry, you may add a little more glycerin at this time.

- Jar it up for two to three days, before examining the consistency again. At this point you may add a little more inverted sugar or molasses if needed.

- Finally: You may either divide it into portions or doses, or you can leave it jarred and begin using your 'dip'!

It keeps very well for months, or even years when sealed and stored well, without exposure to light and heat..

Some folks like it aged, others like it fresh. [​IMG]

---------------------

Variations...

Now, that's one way of doing it, again keeping in mind that you asked for an un-strained canna 'chew' or 'dip' with the inert plant matter included...

**** What I like to do however, is dehydrate or dry my favorite fruit, and rehydrate it by soaking it in glycerin hash tincture, with a few drops of golden dragon. [​IMG] ****

This could be used the same way, in the cheeks, or it can simply be eaten. [​IMG]

---------------------

And a simple fruit salad is always wonderful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But back to 'chew'...

---------------------

(Keep in mind, that if after making a sample batch -without lecithin- you decide that you ultimately do not like or care for 'chew', it CAN be vaped or used correctly with a hookah'; do NOT smoke it, the additional sugar and glycerin should not be combusted, as they break down differently, and glycerin, the vapor vehicle for e-cigs, and the common moisture retainer for tobacco shisha, even produces acrolein once it is heated too much... this is why, using store-bought shisha incorrectly, can taste horrible!).

Remember; just 'a little dab, will do ya'!

Storage tips;

You can label and divide a batch into the correct doses immediately, and keep each dose in a daily/week medication container (I recommend the nicer glass kind) which can be stored in a cupboard or closet for months, or the freezer for years!

If you go for the freezer, an ice-cube tray, wrapped tightly in an oven bag, also works well.

And if you feel confidant that you can eyeball it, without over-doing it and becoming too medicated, then any clean glass jar will do... a canning jar without shoulders (ie 'wide mouth' style, where the opening is nearly as wide, as the jar itself) is best for freezing, though. [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- Unlike 'normal chew', after you've held a 'Canna Chew' in your cheeks adequately, you can finish by chewing up and swallowing the remains as a healthy, and likely, still slightly-medicated, treat! [​IMG]

PPS - I am only sharing the dip or chew recipe due to the interest.

Please remember that, again, edibles are stronger and longer-lasting when eaten, rather than absorbed buccaly or sublingually, due to the cannabinoid conversion that takes place in your liver....

And PLEASE keep in mind that acidic, sweet dips, ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH or GUM HEALTH, even when it is nicotine free!!!

While you are choosing a commonly used, and fairly 'natural' method of absorption, it is still made with sweeteners and natural fruit flavorings, and you would be using it at your own dental-risk!

To remove the potential for damage entirely, you can choose to use cannabis and glycerin alone.... however, it's not going to be quite as pleasant, if you're expecting something along the lines of a traditional dip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps clear things up! :wave: