Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chewing Gum While Blazing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Metty, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ive heard that chemicals in gum (specific types?) have a bad reaction to cannabis, and can give you cancer or some form of harm to your body.

Anyone heard this?

2. I haven't heard anything about that but I do know my gum gets all shitty after I blaze one.

3. wow, propaganda knows no bounds

4. NO! Are you kidding me.
    If I am smoking low mids or something like that I will have a piece of gum in my mouth to mellow out the smoke and and some taste. It has NO negative effects, except you might choke on it if you can manage that, haha.

5. sounds like a crock of shit to me. Gum is xanthem gum base, flavorings, and colors. if anything like that affected your cannabis intake, we would have known about it a long time ago. the recipe for gum has been relitively the same, except from moving towards a more stable gum base like xanthem.

6. hahaha if that was true then losts of smokers including myself would have gotten cancer long ago

7. Technically, most gums have aspertame, an artificial sweetener. This specific chemical can cause brain damage and/or cancer if you consume a lot of it. (mostly aimed toward those who drink a lot of diet coke or w/e). As for it's reaction with mary j...I HIGHLY doubt it would increase cancer risk. If anything it should decrease it.

8. i think your confusing that with cigarette smoking. when u smoke cigarettes and chew gum supposedly all the bad shit in the smoke is gonna get on the gum and u chewing on that is exposing gross shit to your mouth for an extended period of time. If that happens i think it can def help the chances of cancer of the throat or gums

9. No, this is not true. The gum will absorb some of the THC as it has sugar in it, and THC sticks to sugar. But it will not cause cancer or harm you in any fashion. They actually sell Weed Gum at medical stores here in California. It will make your smoke taste a tad 'whatever the flavor is' because you have that taste in your mouth.

10. aspertame is metabolised into methanol which causes cancer which at worst may bind to the cannabanoids rendering both chemicals inert(preventing damage caused by methanol). Gum is the killer of cotton mouth and is safe.