Chest?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by StlllBlazin, Apr 23, 2011.

1. alrite so i work out 3 days a week and heres how my routine goes

tues-legs
    thurs-chest shoulders tris core
    sat-back and bis

my question is is it enough to barbell bench and incline dumbell bench for chest or should i also incorporate a decline bench in there

2. YOu should def do decline so you can hit all aspects of your pec. As matter of fact you should do some dips too besides your tris it hits the outside of your pec lif eno other exercise no bitch tits.. don't forget flys too

3. You can add some decline in there on occasion. Also, switch up the angle on the incline sometimes. It can help you figure out where your movements are weak. You can do flyes too. Definitely do weighted dips. Personally I'd recommend that you stick with flat bench and weighted dips, and add your choice of incline, decline, or flyes.

What are your numbers like? If you're a beginner you might be better off doing full-body workout.

4. this,

you should definitely be doing legs more than once a week also, its a key exercise

5. Incline Bench, Dips, and Flat Bench is what I suggest as a Solid routine for Chest. I like to switch some of the exercises with DB Bench and Flys to change things up a bit. And like what some other people said, Work your legs more than once a week.

6. i know everyone says freeweights > machines but i feel that i can work my chest so hard on the pec deck. might wanna try that as well.

7. #7 philevans1992, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    :( no..... Just no....

8. why...just why

9. I got some serious results doing decline, I used to do 5 sets of decline (barbell) and then do 3 sets of incline. You've gotta focus on the mind-muscle connection though, concentrate on only using your chest during the movement, and push your chest into the bar as the bar comes down.

10. My Chest was lacking for a long time. My Biceps are also lagging behind. Anyway, I swear by Weighted Dips. They can pack some serious Mass on your Chest and Destroy your Triceps as well. Decline has a bunch of controversy over it so do your research and find out if you think it will help you.