Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chest Pains after Smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dadog456, Jan 15, 2015.

1. I have been smoking consistently (few times a week) for the past two-three years and I have never experienced any chest pain while smoking. 3 years ago, I had extensive tests done on my heart due to chest pains not related to smoking, and every test came back fine. However, last week I was experiencing mild heart pain after smoking. Then this past Saturday, I smoked and my heart started beating out of my chest. My vision went black and blurry, I started seeing colors, and it was an overall terrible experience.

I was also diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with a back injury that has prevented me from doing much physical activity. I am an athlete, so I was in pretty decent shape before I had to stop a few weeks ago. I played a game of football around a week and a half ago, and I was very out of breath and had mild chest pain then as well, which led me to believe that I am out of shape compared to how I was before the injury. My resting heart rate is much faster, and I have occasional chest pains while sitting around. I am wondering if anyone can relate to my experience, and if so, can shed any light on why you believe I might be feeling this. I've since stopped smoking, and I personally believe that the pain is due to me just being plain out of shape. But if anyone has had a similar situation and found a serious issue, any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

2. Gonna keep an eye on this thread, I also want to learn more about this. I don't exactly get chest pain from weed but sometimes after smoking I have a very heavy feeling in my chest, like I can't breathe. I guess I have a rather bad immunity and I get sick a lot, often hitting me in the lungs and causing bad cough, shortness of breath, pain etc., could be related. Maybe give yourself a break from smoking for a while until your back injury is better and you get back to active sporting and back to your previous shape.  

3. Best to see a Doc...and tell him/her everything...but you KNOW what they will say "Better not smoke"....try a vape and and Indica...some sativas cause racing heart...if the Indica/vape thing doesnt work then by all means quit.

4. I went to urgent care today after experiencing some more pain during class today, my EKG and lung x-rays were completely normal. Doc said he thinks I have a near 0% chance of any issue and that he doesn't think I need to go to the ER. It is strange because it kind of came out of nowhere, but he said to try taking some Advil and seeing if it goes away. I'll probably just keep taking it easy then ease back into vaping first, then seeing where I'm at. Thanks for the advice!

5. My suggestion would be to seek medical help but it seems you've gone that route already. Seems like an anxiety/panic disorder issue to me if your doc has already cleared you. Sometimes weed and anxiety equal what your going through. It effects everyone differently. This is coming from someone who's walked in your shoes. I get anxiety/panic related symptoms from weed on occasion. It's not pleasant that's why I consume extremely small amounts at a time. It's easy to go over and get too high with today's super strength meds and the result could be just what you have experienced. Try consuming less if that doesn't help than weed may just not be for you.

6. This has happened to me in the past, I smoked a bong with a friend and next I know, I'm walking down the hallway my heart is going super fast, vision and hearing are gone, I pass out, wake up and throw up.

Smoked another bong, and fell asleep. I think it's some sort of anxiety disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum