Chest pain while smoking...

Discussion in 'General' started by duaa77, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Hello,

I first want to say that I love this forum! I have been smoking/vaping Marijuana for over a year now. I smoke before bed because I have horrible insomnia, and occasional anxiety. Recently I got a new vape device and since then I have been having chest pain and high heart rate every time I smoke. I have tried just smoking from my bong and I still get it. It ruins the high, and I am not able to sleep as a result. I go for a walk and splash cold water and it goes away after an hour, but I never had this before and it is taking away from the positive effects I was getting. I was wondering if there was a way to get this to stop. I have tried smoking less(not that I smoke a lot anyway), and it doesn't work. I never had this problem before, and it has been going on for the past two weeks.

Thanks!

2. coolest story I've read in a while

🐜

3. It's not a story, its something that is happening to me, and I know from reading this forum that it has/does happen to other people, which is why I am asking if there is anything that can be done to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Edibles for bedtime/insomnia are the solution.

5. edibles before bed are like my norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 STIGGY, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Have you change the strain of the weed you smoke or vape
    Sativa will cause fast heart rate
    Indica will be more mellow sleepy
    I stick with Indica because the same thing happens to me at night

But I agree with all who posted "Get checked out by Doctor" if it continues or happens again.

Discretion is the better part of valor.....................

[​IMG]

7. It's definitely a story

8. Sounds like anxiety to me. Sometimes when I smoke a certain strain it gets really bad.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

9. are you ill? is there debris in your pieces? are you smoking the same marijuana? there is a host of variables

use a process of elimination

clean marijuana should not cause chest pain

🐜

10. this is no bullshit. If you're getting chest pain and high heart rate it could be a precursor to a lung collapse. I have heard of such a thing and there was a case of it happening on the ER show on cable. Dude was hitting his bong, passed out, turned blue and almost died. Turned out he collapsed a lung from sucking a bong toke down.

The other stuff you're getting like anxiety be such is because the gang is heavy in potency. Best bet is to try a vape. You don't need to hit it hard and vaping doesn't burn the entire plot including lol of the crap that isn't good for you. That could be it right there.

11. #11 Kushmedic, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Anxiety is most likely. But don't fuck around with chest pain if it worsens or persists. Especially if it travels up into your neck and/or down your arm(s) and/or your jaw, you have trouble breathing, weird unexplained salivation, weird heaviness in the chest, etc. A really fast heart rate means the heart is working much harder for some reason and that alone can cause pain so best thing to do is relax, stay still, breathe normally, a little oxygen or at least fresh air helps. Cardiac chest pain is usually from poor oxygenation of heart tissue and muscles due to a number of factors exacerbated by stressors. Sometimes it's due to an embolism of air or blood. It's really hard for most people to determine if it's really a panic attack or esophageal spasm (especially the latter, as it mimics cardiac chest pain very well-I had it and the pain was the strangest thing I'd ever experienced in my life). Don't be afraid to call 911 for medics. We'd much rather get out there and say "whew...you're not having a heart attack after all and you're ok" or "we're glad you called because it looks like we caught this thing in time...lets get you to the hospital" rather than working up a cardiac arrest. It's what we do.