Cheney and Bush Declare Autonomous Dictatorial Powers

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Jun 25, 2007.

1. http://infowars.com/articles/ps/dicatorship_cheney_bush_declare_autonomous_dictatorial_powers.htm

Cheney and Bush Declare Autonomous Dictatorial Powers
    Exempt themselves from executive branch

Prison Planet | June 25, 2007
    Steve Watson

The Vice President and the President have casually declared their offices to be independent of the executive branch and completely autonomous, with Dick Cheney also attempting to abolish agencies his office is supposed to be accountable to.

Last week the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform reported:

Vice President Cheney exempted his office from the presidential order that establishes government-wide procedures for safeguarding classified national security information. The Vice President asserts that his office is not an “entity within the executive branch.”

As described in a letter from Chairman Waxman to the Vice President, the National Archives protested the Vice President's position in letters written in June 2006 and August 2006. When these letters were ignored, the National Archives wrote to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales in January 2007 to seek a resolution of the impasse. The Vice President's staff responded by seeking to abolish the agency within the Archives that is responsible for implementing the President's executive order.

In his letter to the Vice President, Chairman Waxman writes: "I question both the legality and wisdom of your actions. ... t would appear particularly irresponsible to give an office with your history of security breaches an exemption from the safeguards that apply to all other executive branch officials."

The documents released by the committee reveal that Cheney's office has not cooperated with an office at the National Archives and Records Administration which is responsible for overseeing the protection of classified material by the executive branch.

As the Washington Post further reported , Cheney's staff have consistently declared themselves above the law by not filing reports on their possession of classified data and even blocking an inspection of their office in 2004. The documents also reveal that after the Archives office demanded cooperation earlier this year, Cheney's staff proposed eliminating it altogether.

While Cheney has declared his office outside of the executive branch he has continued to receive funding from the bill that funds the
    executive branch. Instead of challenging Cheney's absurd declaration of autonomy, House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel is now seeking an amendment to the Financial Services and General
    Government Appropriations bill in order to cut the funding to Cheney's office and thus legally separate it from the executive branch.

"The Vice President has a choice to make. If he believes his legal
    case, his office has no business being funded as part of the executive
    branch. However, if he demands executive branch funding he cannot
    ignore executive branch rules. At the very least, the Vice President
    should be consistent." Emanuel has said.

In addition to Cheney's office declaring itself exempt from oversight, President Bush's office has also claimed it has the same status.

The LA Times reported :

An executive order that Bush issued in March 2003 - amending an existing order - requires all government agencies that are part of the executive branch to submit to oversight. Although it doesn't specifically say so, Bush's order was not meant to apply to the vice president's office or the president's office, a White House spokesman said.

It has now become chillingly clear that the President and the Vice President believe that they have absolute power over the Government of the United States and cannot be held accountable to anybody.

Previously Dick Cheney has declared both himself and Bush unaccountable to Congress , stating last year that "vice president and president and constitutional officers don't appear before the Congress.”

It is also now clear that Bush and Cheney have broken literally hundreds of laws because they see themselves as outside of them. Last April the Boston Globe reported :

President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

Among the laws Bush said he can ignore are military rules and regulations, affirmative-action provisions, requirements that Congress be told about immigration services problems, ''whistle-blower" protections for nuclear regulatory officials, and safeguards against political interference in federally funded research.

The Constitution assigns power to Congress to write the laws and asserts that the president has an obligation ''to take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Bush, however, has repeatedly declared that he does not need to ''execute" a law he believes is unconstitutional.

Take the "torture ban", which was approved last year, for example. After approving the bill, Bush issued a ''signing statement " giving his own interpretation of what the law meant and giving him the right to bypass it if he so wished.

Bush and Cheney are vastly expanding Presidential power and creating provisions that set their offices up as dictatorial bodies.

Just last month new legislation was signed which declares that in the event of a "catastrophic event", the President can take total control over the government and the country, bypassing all other levels of government at the state, federal, local, territorial and tribal levels, and thus ensuring total unprecedented dictatorial power.

The National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive , which also places the Secretary of Homeland Security in charge of domestic "security", was signed on May 9th without the approval or oversight of Congress and seemingly supercedes the National Emergency Act which allows the president to declare a national emergency but also requires that Congress have the authority to "modify, rescind, or render dormant" such emergency authority if it believes the president has acted inappropriately.

Journalist Jerome Corsi , who has studied the directive also states that it makes no reference to Congress and "its language appears to negate any requirement that the president submit to Congress a determination that a national emergency exists."

In other words the new directive excludes Congress altogether from governance in a state of emergency.

While alluding to the "enduring constitutional government", the directive actually ensures the end of constitutional government as each branch, the executive, legislative and judicial, are stripped of equal authority and must answer directly and solely to the President.

The mainstream media has not reported on the directive and the White House has refused to comment.

Last month it was also reported that a high-level group of government and military officials has been quietly preparing an emergency survival program named "The Day After," which would effectively end civil liberties and implement a system of martial law in the event of a catastrophic attack on a U.S. city.

Though anathema to any notion of liberty or freedom, this new legislation has not come out of the blue, it is merely an open declaration of the infrastructure of martial law that the federal government has been building since the turn of the last century, which was first publicly codified in the 1933 war powers act under Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Senate Report 93-549, which was presented at the first session of the 93rd Congress, outlines just a handful of the declared national emergencies or martial law declarations that preceded the latest one.

"Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Harry S. Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Richard M. Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971."

In alliance with these open declarations of martial law and the 1947 National Security Act, bills such as the Patriot Act, the John Warner Defense Authorization Act and the Military Commissions Act have all put the final jigsaw pieces in place to complete an infrastructure of dictatorship since 9/11.

We're already living under an infrastructure of martial law and have been since 1933, all that remains for it to be fully implemented is a big enough natural disaster, mass terror attack or other catastrophe that will cause the necessary carnage and panic that affords the federal government enough leeway to implement open dictatorship with the least possible resistance.

New revelations that Cheney and Bush have openly declared themselves to be have total power and the ability to bypass law and oversight should be a code red emergency. They are moving to implement everything necessary for a total takeover should a catalyst event provide the opportunity. Given that this administration has a history of cooking up its own catalysts we should be very wary indeed.

Paul Joseph Watson contributed research to this article .

2. Interesting, but I would like another source to comment on it before I make my decision on its validity. Nothing like a nice Infowars news ticker....

EDIT: I found research backing up Cheney's statement that his office is "not an entity within the Executive Branch", but I can't find anything on Bush's statement. Maybe you can help, Weedzilla?

3. In honor of this post, I will now lead us in the new Pledge Of Alliegiance...

I pledge alliegiance, to the Logos
    of the Incorporated States Of America
    And to the Profits, for which we stand
    One Bastion, owned by G.O.D.( Government Over Democracy)
    With Illiteracy, and Falsehoods for all!

Ben Franklin is spinning in his grave so fast, he may just start a fire!

4. This makes me fucking sick. Someone should kill them.

5. No need; power of the people.

I mean all you Americans scoff and display your sickness, but I never see anything done about it.

Apathy is a democratic action.

6. well its a good thing their term is almost over, asswipes. (bush and cheney, not any of you :wave:)

7. How do you know nothing is done? Does your eye reach for hundreds of miles across the border and across the entire states? Do you know every action that people do? Maybe you don't know about it because the people trying to do something about it are hiding out....going underground...

Us Americans just can't click our heels with your ruby slippers and make everything alright, Rasta. Beauracracies were created for a reason :devious:

8. Hey man, the time is coming. One day, everyone is going to have to rise up and overthrow our fucked up government. In my opinion, we should simply kill all the politicians, and totally restart with fresh ideas.

9. No need to bash the whole of Americans RM.

What do you want me to do to stop Bush/Cheney?

I'll give it my best shot.

edit: to the post above mine-

Or we could just set up a government where normal, everyday people are drawn at random to serve political positions for short periods, so we are always moving things around.

It's obvious it's not just the people in the government now, it's the opportunity to use the power given to you for your own benefits that no politician can seem to turn down.

10. [​IMG]

House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel of Illinois is threatening to defund the office of the vice president in response to revelations that Dick Cheney is locked in a dispute with the National Archives over the preservation of classified documents. Emanuel plans to offer an amendment to a spending bill next week to defund Cheney's office. The vice president's office contends that, as president of the Senate, he and his staff are not a part of the executive branch but rather an office in the legislative branch. -Politico

11. What exactly should we do, Rasta? It's an executive order that we have absolutely no control over. Vote? Our votes don't fucking matter, no matter how much people like to say they do. We need to abolish the electoral college because it's a horrible fucking idea anyway.

I'd love you to tell me man, what should I do?

Seriously. Want me to exercise my rights and picket on Washington? For what? Right, no change at all because regardless of all the rights that we have (don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I can wear whatever shirt I like and say what I like with no consequences) They're not worth much action. I can march around all day in Washington and it doesn't change a goddamn thing. I can write my congressmen and guess what... shit still won't change because as soon as that bill hits fat ass greedy dumbass texas ass stupid ass Bush's desk, he ignores it, waits ten days, and that's it.

I didn't vote for this motherfucker, the money did.

So before you act like I'm apathetic (possibly the worst insult I've recieved in my time here) put yourself in my shoes.

Honestly man, tell me what to do about this and I'll do it.

sheesh.

12. What you have to understand is our government is not a true democracy, but rather democracy through representation. Unfortunately, the way our congress works - congressmen / women can vote any way they please regardless of the choices the citizens they represent would like to be made.

Everyone in every district could write hundreds of letters to his / her congressmen, have protests, and show an overwhelming amount of support for any measure, however there is no actual way to force representatives to act a certain way.

13. *sigh*

wonderfully, illustrating my hiatus and reaffirming why it is wise for me to refrain from posting; my comments are taken quickly and far from context.

I'm not "bashing" anybody, I am making a comment based on my perspective. The federal administration of the United States has received a huge amount of criticism from it's own people; the people strongly disapprove, yet they continue to let them go about their merry way.

This has been a continuing trend for the last 6 years, and the voting public even went out of their way to re-elect this man and his government. I'd hard pressed to see anything but either:
    A) A general apathy in the voting public or
    B) A gross misrepresentation in the associated press, American media, canadian media, etc. etc.

You know what? It's not my decision; I'm not your little rebellion leader or anything like that.

It's up to you, the voting public and the people of the United States to do something about it collectively. So far, there has been collective apathy.

I'm sorry if some of you took this as a direct personal assault, it wasn't meant as one.

I'm not talking about any ONE of you; sorry to deflate your ego, I'm speaking about the 300 million people as a whole.

Impeach, Rebel, Do nothing; it's up to you as a whole.

So far, the decision has been the latter.

I would like to directly address, the only person who I felt has posted a valuable contribution, and had brought up an important topic, aside from just anger and aggression.

I see what you're saying, Foniac. So far, from my perspective; I haven't seen much of an onslaught of public opinion towards any consensus. There is some sort of disconnect in the public assuring it's representation it heard.

There any many genuine considerations which could explain this, aside from apathy, but I am not familiar with them. I'm sure there are additional factors in this, but like I said; none I know of.

And ultimately, there is a way of forcing accurate representation. I hate the attitude, because it seems so juvenile and almost borderline-crackpot of me, but I'll state it simply with this quote:

"The rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or the laborer's cottage, is the symbol of democracy."
    -George Orwell

I would also like to state, that I am very sorry if anybody took my post offensively. It was meant as a general observation and not an attack in any way, shape or form. Change takes a long time to occur.

And like it was states before; I'm somewhat limited with a foreigner's perspective.

Also, my hiatus will be resuming with full intensity, so do not bother directly responding to me; I won't be around to read it.

Thanks for the warm, friendly chat.

14. Talk about not taking something personally. If you don't know what I should do any better than myself, than don't criticize me about not doing anything.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that we're stuck. Our government is trap of loopholes and injustices and there's nothing we can do about it.

Except grab our dad's rifles, tie red bandanas around our heads and shout "WOLVERINES!"

15. That legitimately scares me. I think I'll move to Canada, I got relatives there.

16. Going on hiatus because people responded with anger over a VERY biased comment seems very juvenile to me, Rasta. You were and are one of my favorite people on here, but sometimes you surprise me.

And a revolution would just be crushed before it even happens. It's impossible to rally up people nowadays without getting wiretapped by the gvt. Very scary times we live in.

17. ...

Wolverines.

18. We should just sic actual wolverines...and tasmanian devils on the white house lawn.

19. There has been a lot of Rallying and what not...

Even formal inquiry in congress for impeachment...

The fact that we are freely allowed to dissent is evident.

Look at how many books there are on the subject...comedy all over the television and net directly insulting the admin

we (the ppl) do get what we want, generally

20. We should just smoke out the whole nation, after a couple of nation-wide blaze seshes the men behind all the bullshit will themselves become the conspiracy theorists, so it'll all work out.

I'm sure you want to blaze without the fear of spending years in jail. Do you have that?