chemotherapy and marijuana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chemolady, Jan 12, 2003.

1. I'm 54 years old and smoked pot in the 60's. (Ah-remembering the naked young man sitting in the tree making music with a harmonica in Monterey CA). This year I got cancer and just had my last chemothery treatment. I had lost thirty pounds when my niece gave me some of her marijuana. I am stabilized with my weight and feel much better. Now I am out of pot and the state of Arizona, in their November election, voted not to approve medical marijuana. Is there no where to get it shipped to me legally? Hah - I guess I know the answer to that. Please, all of you, next time it is on the ballot, please register to vote. Thanks!

2. Sorry to hear they didn't pass the Med Marijuanna. I don't know where you could get any legally. The only thing I can say is do it Illegally if you need it..

I have talked to many patients who use Med Marijuanna. They all say it's the best medicine.

Good luck to ya!

3. Welcome, friend. Dont forget to take you medicine. :)

ick

ill make extra sure to get my vote out. :)

4. I too am sorry that the bill was not passed. :( As BH stated, you'll just have to keep doing it illegally for awhile longer....

*Edit*

And welcome to the City!!

5. heeeey...welcome to the city!!!! glad to hear you're doing better my friend :)

6. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Unfortunately, my niece is now 1,000 miles away and I live in a small town where I am well known with no opportunity to go around asking anyone if they're holding (the ladies would be absolutely shocked!! :) I've lost two more pounds, a lousy way to lose weight, maybe if I waste away to nothing I can appear on an ad to LEGALIZE IT!!!!!! Thanks anyway for the support - glad I found this site. Janet

7. i did some looking, and colorado, or cali is close to you, could you move there? prob. not, but its been decriminalized there, and they has passed laws enabling medicinal use. good luck and hope you feel better..

8. Hey Swan - thanks for the reply. I did not realize that about CA. It is possible that I could work something out there. Most of the time I'm feeling great now - getting old ain't for sissies! I'll see my niece again in August and I'll stock up then! :) Enjoy!

9. Glad to hear you are feeling great now. Yeah, when you see your niece, you make sure to tell her to get you supplied! At least for "just in case" you may need it. What a shame these laws are so twisted and unjust.