Chemistry experiment. Roach THC extraction

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by 20000678, Oct 8, 2011.

1. I hate blunt roaches and know I'm going to collect a lot of roaches over time. Yet I have an Idea to purify the THC from them.

I Imagine first I'd have to get some nasty flavors off and would steep the roach tea in as many teas as possible until that gross flavor dissapates. Next I plan to dry the tarry mass until thoroughly dry. At that point I will use butane to extract the essential ingredients.

I frankly think I'm going to get some tar in the end. But I'll keep you updated with the progress.

Now to start on those roaches.

2. Possible to soak it all in alcohol or something and extract it from there? Possibly oil? Will the tar be absorbed by the oil?

The method I'm speaking of is similar to QWISO, if you're familiar.

3. ^ word.. be sure to cut or peel off the rolling paper. I wouldnt want to consume any glue or chemicals just because im not sure what all is in them.

4. I used a honey bee extractor.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fI7dELTYs]BHO - Butane Honey Oil using Honey Bee Extractor and dirty roach weed - YouTube[/ame]

5. Wow alot less steps then I was planning on using. I could use it for joint rolling oil I guess. How's the taste?

6. forget the tea part dude, go straight to making hash oil with that shit!!
    come back and update tho man, i wanna see this

7. True BHO tastes 10/10
    imo this tasted around 7.5/10
    True joints taste 10/10
    Roaches taste 3/10

The oil is soo much better then roach weed.
    Smother a joint up with it and you can barely taste it at all.

8. You'll extract something, it's just going to be a God-awful mess. THC is going to be pulled through along with all the tar and residual carbonaceous material. I don't think any amount of tea is going to help you there. "Pure" is not the key word here. What you'll get will possibly get you high, but I'd probably sooner bunk down with a crack head and get high off his junk than try out your creation :p. Unless you're so isolated from fresh bud that this is the only possible route to getting high, I would just skip it altogether.

9. Update: I tried the video above verbadeum and let me tell you guys, the conclusion to this experiment is to just smoke your roaches until your fingers burn and just toss that nasty roach. I'll just save the butane for the good shit.

10. [quote name='"20000678"']Update: I tried the video above verbadeum and let me tell you guys, the conclusion to this experiment is to just smoke your roaches until your fingers burn and just toss that nasty roach. I'll just save the butane for the good shit.[/quote]

Yup, but at least you gave it a shot..

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFHIlwCSq0]Trailerpark Boys - I Toad a so - YouTube[/ame]

12. This.

All that disgusting black tar and residues from the smoke. Not to mention the small percentage of saliva and natural body oils from the people that smoked the joint which will also get extracted into the final product.

just hit those things in the bong or tossem in the trash.

13. crazy shit, wayyyyy too much work for me lol

14. Should've thrown some ISO into the bowl and swished it around a bit to clean the bowl of a bit more hash. Nice video, though.