Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chemicals in bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Virgin Buds, Jun 13, 2010.

1. So my friend is currently going to rehab they have been telling him all this shit about how they put so much chemicals and shit to make bud sticky and make us higher and thats how the THC% of bud has increased by like 20% since like the 90's and shit, and they put tons of chemicals in it to make the buds purple and all kinda shit... what do you guys think?

I thought it was all bullshit when he first told me but then i started to think and realise, maybe they really do spray tons of chemicals and shit on bud just to make us higher and i hear they put much more chemicals in bud than in Cigarettes and he said its got tons of tar thats horrible for ur lungs.. much more than cigarettes and i just cant completely agree with this bullshit..

Also i told him its all bullshit bro cause it grows from seeds and he said they fucked with the seeds to fuck with the genetics and all kinda shit and make the buds better and they put tons of chemicals and shit so the bud that grows from the seeds all good and shit.

2. No, the people against weed say the THC in bud has increased by a ridiculous amount but what really happened is it's just a hell of a lot easier to grow good KB nowadays, where as back in the 70's not a lot of people grew and therefore relied on smuggled weed which ultimately hurts its quality.

No, just no. One of the many great qualities about marijuana is it's a completely natural substance. There's no process after harvesting, just dry then smoke. The only chemicals used are the nutrients given to the plants while theyre growing.

Once again, no. All false. Of coarse there are techniques to alter the genetics of seeds through selective breeding ect.. but that in turn has no relation to what your friend claims.

Hope that cleared it up for ya :D

3. I want whatever those rehab people have been smokin... 'cause they are WACK.

There are a lot of growers on here that grow fine bud that document every step of the way. Check those out and you can see that what you're getting is very natural and someone takes great pride in making your bud tasty (and sometimes even organic!)

4. wtf!

hell no to all that shit he said...

its a plant. herb. 100% natural.

0 man made chemicals in it, and that guy is either a liar or just misinformed...

5. awhile back I remember reading or watching or something about mexican cartels using pesticides. that cant be good to inhale.

6. "So my friend is currently going to rehab they have been telling him all this shit about how they put so much chemicals and shit to make bud sticky and make us higher and thats how the THC% of bud has increased by like 20% since like the 90's and shit, and they put tons of chemicals in it to make the buds purple and all kinda shit... what do you guys think? "

1. only chemical they may use is fertilizers that farmers put in there tomatoes
    2. And yes the THC has increased because people learned to grow it better and not since the 90 since the 70 LOL ( who doesnt want more THC
    3. to make it purple its eaither because of 2 reasons one its in the genitics of the plant two they leave the light of X amount of time before harvest so the plant looks like that

I thought it was all bullshit when he first told me but then i started to think and realise, maybe they really do spray tons of chemicals and shit on bud just to make us higher and i hear they put much more chemicals in bud than in Cigarettes and he said its got tons of tar thats horrible for ur lungs.. much more than cigarettes and i just cant completely agree with this bullshit..

4. You cannot put CHEMICALS INTO THE BUD that doesn't make since. there are more chemicals in marijuana but its not harmful cigarets have tar , rat poison , bleach . weed has THC , CBD , anti oxidants and some studies show they even have Vitamins C and A that gets absorbed through smoking it .

Also i told him its all bullshit bro cause it grows from seeds and he said they fucked with the seeds to fuck with the genetics and all kinda shit and make the buds better and they put tons of chemicals and shit so the bud that grows from the seeds all good and shit

7. The only way that there could possibly be any chemicals in marijuana is if the grower doesn't flush the nutes out before harvest.

And you'll be able to tell if the grower didn't flush the nutes out, because the bud will be more brown than green and it'll taste horrible.

8. You know that little propaganda line that marijuana contains over 400 chemicals? That is COMPLETE propaganda, marijuana does contain over 400 chemicals, but that's because EVERYTHING is made of chemicals. It's just the connotations of the word chemical. People will associate it with harmful chemicals, like bleach or cyanide. Don't fall for the chemical propaganda.

9. yes exactly. everything we consume is laden with chemicals. including air.

10. Yes, but i meant harmful chemicals to our health, like Cigarettes have..

11. Cigarettes are full of additives, as mentioned before. Weed is just what comes from the plant, unless sprayed or something by the grower/dealer(s). But that is an unlikely case.