Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chemical smell - Nutes or Strain??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BobTheCow, Aug 13, 2011.

1. So I recently harvest 4 plants of the Chemdog strain. This was my first grow. Everything went well, except I used bloom grow hydroponics chemical ferts, and now my buds smell *very* chemically. if i touch them or smell them, they smell of strong chemicals. Now, apparently the chemdog strain is supposed to smell of this as well...So how do i know if its the strain, or if i didn't properly flush or used too many chemicals too close to harvest or something? I'm sort of scared to smoke a bunch of nasty stuff if it is the ladder. Any advice on this? Its like almost 2 oz so i dont really want to throw it out but...

2. Smoke a snap and if it's bad throw it out?

3. Possibly try smoking a tiny bowl of it in a bong and hope the bong filters out some chemicals (if it is the chemicals in the first place) :smoke:

4. But how do i know if its bad..i mean, i would smoke 'bad weed' if it was the difference between throwing out several oz or having it....i guess i'm afraid of it being particularly bad for me, and i can't tell that by trying it. i have smoked it several times already..it's a bit harsh, but it still isn't done curing so i dunno...

5. Cure it for a month and then see. Smell can change drastically in curing.

6. #6 S0UR, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh it's not cured.. Cure it! Lol