Chem Cookies - Drooping, tacoing, burning - help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TegridySpecial, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Okay,

The plant keeps drooping. And leaves tacking. Lower fan leaves burning. I don’t think it’s over watering, if anything I watered them 24hrs ago, they perked up, and then by tonight, the soil was dry 2”’down and the plant was drooping and leaves tacoing.

They are in air pots, so they dry quickly and they air prune so they shouldn’t be over watered or root bound.

I though it was potentially windburn, I adjusted the fans, but by tonight they were dropping again.

And I’m noting strange leave problems. I don’t know if I’m getting nitrogen toxicity or what. But here are my conditions.

Temperature: 81F cool air kicks on at 82f
    Humidity: 50%
    Air Flow: (4) 6”oscillating fans, (2) up high, (2) above plant tops.
    Space: 48x48x80
    Ventilation: passive inflow with Exhaust out
    CO2: 1000ppm (day only)
    Light Cycle: 18/6
    Lights: Spider Farmer SF-2000 watts LED
    PH: 6.5 in soil and out
    Watering: was every 3 days, then 2 and now it seems dry 2” down after 24hr
    Water: DO Water 6.5ph with 15ml of URB per Gallon
    Fertilizer: General Organics, light feeding dose with each watering.
    Media: coco-loco
    Pot: 2 gallon air pots[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. favors heat stress anything over 82 degrees aids in heat stress.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't grow in coco loco but I do grow in fox farms from what I am aware coco loco isn't like regular coco and has feed in the soil, you may not want to feed every watering as you would in coco. coco you water and feed daily. kind of favors a nitrogen toxicity as well maybe a little bit of both. feeding every watering possibly something else as well. the fox farms feeding chat says feed coco loco twice a week my soil feeding chart says the same I only feed once a week and that is sufficient. you can get a ppm reading in the runoff and see if you have a bit too much food in the soil or not enough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I lowered the temperature. They have perked back up this morning.

5. Okay, I’m probably over feeding then. So I’m not crazy, they really do need watered everyday in that medium with those Air Pots? At least this stage of vegetation? [​IMG]

6. if you are watering correctly they shouldn't need watering everyday, coco loco is supposed to retain water unlike regular coco so you don't have to water as much. regular coco doesn't have any organic fertilizer either unlike coco loco. are you watering until 20% runoff at least. depending on ppm reading I sometimes water with more run off to lower ppm not a flush but mini flush I guess. just don't want you to be worried about over watering you could dump ten gallons in those at once and not have an issue besides rinsing out all your nutrients. my normal watering and feedings is a gallon and a quarter to gallon and a half for 5 gallon fabric pots

• Like Like x 1
  7. Okay thank you!! I’ll make some adjustments. I also worry about heat stress. Even though I have added Co2, it seems 80 is too hot.

What is interesting is of the 9 plants in the tent, only three (3) Divine Genetics - Chem Cookies, are the only ones reacting the most. And (1) Amnesia is showing a little stress, but not near as much.

8. sativa's can withstand more heat than indica's however with each plant variables differ even within the same strain you will find differences in each plant

9. I did not know this. But looking back on my past grow, this makes complete sense. And those are definitely indica’s so I’m going to keep the tent 78 and pull the lights back from them. Cause all the Sativas in my tent are doing great, with a minor exception for my amnesia.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hello everyone. I was absolutely under-watering. Nothing to do with the frequency. I was just not giving them enough water. I set up a irrigation system and it wasn’t saturating the soil enough. If I continue with the irrigation, I need to water every 2 days for my setup.

There was also PH issues using the coco-loco. Now feeding at 5.9ph and they are doing stellar!

Also the indica’s didn’t like as much heat. Tent is at 78-80 now.