Cheese Strain (Hydro) looking very ill

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dadada, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

These plants went into the system three weeks ago and they already had roots. They came from a mother that was grown directly in clay pebbles, so I decided not to plant them in rockwool as I would usually do, but again put them in the pebbles.

The problem is that they seem too small for three week old, rooted plants. Also, the leaves have been looking tired since day one and I simply cannot change their state around for the better. Some leaves are yellowing and showing brown spots as well.

The system they're in is an ebb and flow system, with a 600w HPS. The light is about 40cm away from the plants and the room temperature is in the low 20s (Celsius). The water temperature is not too hot either. I've experimented with the PH and tried different approaches. Initially it was constant on 6.5 and after seeing the plants not looking so great I dropped it to 5.3-5.5, but no change. It's currently sitting at 6.

The nutrients I use is the GHE Flora series, 7ml per l in the reservoir for the last week and 2ml per l the previous 2 weeks. I also add a few drops of superthrive and water flows in the system every hour for 30 mins, i.e. 1h dry, 30 mins wet, 1h dry.

I do not have an EC metre, but I need to mention that in my previous grow the plants went mental. It was Sour Diesel and with the exact same conditions each plant yielded about 150gr and looked beautiful.

Please help :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pics don't seem to work.