Cheer up

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by marathon1, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I can't believe all the pessimistic comments I'm seeing guys. For a person who follows politics closely this turned out much better than I had expected. This is the first time in a very long time, if ever, that Marijuana legalization has been put up for vote. Controversial issues such as this rarely ever pass the very first time they find there way onto the ballot. It will be back on the ballot in 2012 and it will absolutely be a more successful campaign. It may not win in 2012, although I think it would, but it will even be closer. Final vote was 54-46, 46% of the people voted for Marijuana legalization...That's fucking terrific guys, the whole stigma that it is dangerous and what not is finally being washed away. Relax, you'll survive two years and by then I'll be 21 so it will all be good.

2. You sir, have a short memory, this was nowhere NEAR the first initiative to legalize MJ. Funny in fact too, because the LAST time there was this sweeping of a ballot initiative it was also Proposition 19 in California, though that was over 20 years ago. They get to a certain number in our state and start over. I think it's like 300.

Anyway, nit-picking aside, I agree with you. This isn't something to get depressed about at all, it wasn't going to pass in the first place. There were too many holes in the writing, too many "ifs" and not enough solid structure to support it. Did you know that even if it HAD passed there would have been another initiative in March of 2011 to establish the framework of how to distriubute?

3. True, I don't find this very depressing. Probably because I live in New York, and because im not 21 haha. But if it's up on the ballet just wait it out and blaze like normal for a year.

4. very true man. i live in australia so prop 19 doesn't really affect me directly, but i know that the sooner america legalizes it, the sooner australia follows in america's holy footsteps. but the fact that legalization even got on the ballot at all surely inspired people to research marijuana who would not have otherwise, and it doesn't take much deep digging to find the true and recent scientific facts about mary jane and all the dusty ancient propaganda and lies surrounding it. it won't be long before there's more pro-jane articles than anti-jane articles because people demand credible sources of information now more than ever, and it's hard to make a near-harmless plant look like a monster in the current day and age given all our technology to fully research that shit

there's always next time, and the votes will only grow as the evidence that mary jane is a safe herb continues to build. we may have failed this battle, but progress is progress and the war is still on baby

and at the end of the day, we've been smoking illegally for years, a few more isn't that big a deal even if it is a gigantic legal pain in the ass