checking account and ordering online

Discussion in 'General' started by vendetta777, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Alright so im pretty confused about my checking account situation. I have a joint account with my parent so that they can transfer money into my account for college expenses that I opened with them and now I decided to create a seperate account so that I could order a Magic Flight Launch Box,grinder, etc. online so it wouldnt show up on the joint account. So when i was opening the new checking account online, I put existing customer and now when i login online i can see 2 checking accounts there. My question is, does this mean that my parent can view this account also? because it would definitely defeat the whole purpose if so.

2. I have two checking accounts with the same bank and both accounts show up on both accounts. However, I still have a separate username and password to log-in to those accounts. Your parents shouldn't be able to see any info about the new account as long as they aren't listed ON the account. They will be able to see that you have another checking account if they ever look at the joint account on-line. It will look the same as there own account that they transfer money out of. As long as you don't care if they know that you have another account and you don't give them the password to get on, then they shouldn't be able to monitor you spending from the new account.

3. #3 vendetta777, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    Oh ok, well I only have one account login for both of them and i used that login to create the new checking account so it could pull my information from that, so i guess the new checking account makes me the primary account holder for that single account and a joint account holder for the other one. Also, when im ordering something online if I put my PO box on campus as the shipping address will it still send it there even though my account has my home address(won't allow PO boxes for accounts)?:confused:

4. when you order something online you can usually put a "ship to" address hat is different then the billing address. He billing address is he addy tied to the bank account.

FedEx and UPS typically won't ship to a PO Box so you'll need to give thematic physical address.