Checked this morning and part of my plant is drooping.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bonzo78, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Hey all, just yesterday my plant was looking healthy as ever, but when I woke up this morning I peeked through the gap in the door and the top two branches were drooping. My first thought is that the soil had dried out, but not even a 1/2 inch down the soil is still rather moist. Could it be not enough ventilation? Too instense light? I had the extra rope from the rope hanger pinned under a can of amendments on an upper shelf so the light was tilted towards the plant, which I positioned directly next the mylar. Also I top dressed with amendments the same day the plant sprouted.
    I will add a pic of what the plant looked like two days ago, and one of what it looks like today.
    I am growing organically, indoors, in soil.
    The strain is Jack 47 XL Auto, and the plant is on its 16th day above the soil. I have been spraying with colloidal silver every day since day 2 of growth.
    The light I am using is an HLG 100, 95 true watts. It is roughly 22" from the top of the plant right now. I will raise it to 25" or so after posting this, and also shut the light off for about four hours, as well as set up a timer to do this automatically starting tomorrow.
    I just water when the plant is thirsty, and I run my tap water until it is coming straight from the water source, I don't use the stuff that's been sitting in the pipes for hours. I usually don't see my plants wilting after using this water.
    I don't think high temperatures are a problem, but I will leave the closet door wide open for the day, and switch to using my beefier fan when I mostly close the door when I go to sleep. The pot this plant is in is a #3 plastic nursery pot. I did check for bugs, and no signs of crawly little buggers, eggs, or *bug* damage on the plant, or on the underside of the leaf I lifted up. There are some wierd spots of discolouration here and there on the top side of some leaves that I have noticed since starting with the colloidal silver.
    Here are the before and after pics.

The plant does look somewhat normal from the angle I took the second pic on, but I assure you the two braches on the top were sticking straight out last night. Not so this morning.

20210204_141013.jpg 20210207_111644.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It is most likely the colloidal Silver that you are spraying it with, it has happened to every one of mine that I have reversed.
    Why are you spraying the whole plant this early? Really shouldn't be unless the goal is a very small completely reversed plant, and still it's too early even if that is the case.

3. #3 GroBuddy, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    research research research why would you use colloidal silver in that manner. i know how to use it but this is the first thing that popped up on google when i searched how to use colloidal silver cannabis. Make sure you spray the cannabis with a strong enough colloidal silver solution (at least 30 PPM of silver) Spray the cannabis thoroughly to almost drench all the parts you want to turn into pollen sacs. Spray the cannabis regularly, at least once a day for 10-14 days, starting when you change the lights to 12-12 or you begin flower. thats a stem you want to spray a stem so that stem will produce pollen sacs and pollenate the plant you dont want a hermie plant lol

if you dont help yourself youre setting yourself up for disaster. also check your tap not all tap is the same theres chlorine in tap you dont run it straight from the faucet you have to let it sit for 24 hrs so the chlorine will evaporate but that also depends on how much water your letting sit ten gallons can take up to 4 and a half days. research research research. simple google searches go alot way for basic growing information.

4. Okay. I'm glad to hear that. I was sure I must have been doing something the plant didn't like.
    And the reason I started so early is this is a plant that I am growing for the sole purpose of getting fem pollen to pollinate an auto plant I haven't started yet. I have no intention of saving any of the (bud?) from this plant. It's just a strain that I thought I would like to cross with an Amnesia Auto, and therefore have lots of seeds to grow in the future.
    This is the reason I currently have only one plant. I have one seed germinating atm, but it's not the other auto seed yet.
    Lucky though, it has been slipping my mind that I need to give my plant some time to rest and not 24 hours light all the time. So I will take this opportunity to do the best for her.

Hey dude, I just tried to find the guide I was going by on google, but it seems to have disappeared. It was the "Nebula guide" to creating feminized seeds. I think the person who calls themself "Nebula had like three or more other guides on growing, one was a mainlining guide. I guess I will have to search for a guide that seems to make sense now. I don't remember what exactly the guide said, I was just doing the first couple steps from memory and was going to refer to the guide for the technical things like what week of flowering I need to pollinate in.

I started with 500 ppm CS, put about 100 ml in my spray bottle, then added about 500ml of tap water (mixed with just enough water I had brought to a boil, the pipes are pretty cold this time of year.) And I understand about the chlorine/chloramine. I used to have to deal with that when I lived in the city. The water in the rural town I live in now (back to my hometown) doesn't have any chlorine or chloramine added.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bonzo, I popped in to take a look as asked. I don't know anything about your soil or grow style so this is pretty generic info.
    My very first thought would be to raise that light to 30" and see if she starts stretching a little. If she starts stretching, lower it down 2" a day. They don't need that much light, that early in life.
    I also think that top dressing amendments right out of the gate is pretty premature, but I don't know what you are using for soil. They really don't need much for the first two weeks when growing in soil. Whatever the original amendments were, should at least last through the first month.
    As far as using coloidial silver. I have no idea on how that affects small seedlings, and have never used it, but I agree that its too early to start spraying. Follow someone who has some experience and good results.
    cheers
    os